[As of 10/21/2016, I'm not currently accepting song requests. If you leave a song request after this date, I may not even see it. I'll make another blog post if/when I'll be accepting requests. Thank you.]
I'm almost finished with my current album "2AD16 - III". I have about 3 songs left to write, and I want to get the ball started on my next project, currently titled "Songs for Gamers - DLC Pack 01" :P I apologize again to the people that have not received songs yet. I still have your information, but if you want to change it, let me know.
For those that do not know me, or what I do, I'm Alphadeus. I write music for fun. Back in 2011, 2012, and 2015, I wrote songs for many wonderful community members of this website. It was originally called the "Destructoid Community Album", but I changed the name to "Songs for Gamers", because over the years, many people I wrote songs for have disappeared, moved on, etc. The idea is still the same, though. I want to write theme music for the good people here. There are a lot of new faces, and I feel there should be an album to represent them.
It's a pretty basic idea. I'll bold important details.
- Give me a song title. What you want your song to be called. If you are unable to think of a name, I will try my best to come up with one (or several for your choosing) for you. I prefer non-explicit titles, although I did write a song called "Surviving the Fuck Fight".
- Link me to music you like. Preferably YouTube links, but if you have other sources, that's fine too. I will use these songs as inspiration for your track. Keep in mind, your song may not sound anything like the tracks you link me. I simply use them for inspriation. I tend to write a lot of video game music-style tracks. I can't really do mainstream band music with my setup.
- I will try to write you a track. I will send it to you privately for approval. If you like it, I'll make the track public on YouTube before the album's released. If you do not like it, see the next set of points below.
There are some rules that I try to enforce, but I'm only human so who knows:
- You get 1 Do-Over: If you do not like the track, I'll try again once more (and the first track will be a bonus track on the final album) based on updated feedback. I'll write a 2nd track from scratch. If the 2nd track is not to your liking, then I apologize for not being able to write something good enough for you. Both tracks will be repurposed for a future 2AD1X album (or the first one will be if you decide you don't want me to take a second crack at it).
- You can make requests without a Do-Over: What I mean, is that if there are certain "elements" you don't like about the song, you can request that I change them. If I work on the original song, it doesn't count as a Do-Over. I'll try my best to work with you so that you have a song we can both be proud of.
- You don't have to settle: While it would make my job way easier if people accepted their song on the first try, I don't want you to think that you're making my life hard by requesting changes/do-over. I really want these songs to represent you to the best of my ability.
- The song will be roughly 3 minutes or less: There are rare exceptions to this rule, but I try to keep the song length to around 3 minutes. If you want your theme song to be a bunch of themes combined into one epic piece, I probably can't squeeze it into 3 minutes.
- You are not guaranteed a track if you submit information: Some people have been waiting for a track since 2011, and due to life circumstances and other reasons, I haven't been able to get to them. I'm not saying I'm unreliable. I've written music for almost 80 people so far. There is even a chance this album may not happen at all. I really want it to happen, so I'll do my best, but it's a possibility.
If you are interested, you can simply reply to this blog with the information I need. If you prefer, you can private message me directly. I still have information for people that have done this part already. If you want to confirm your song status, let me know. Since it has been over a year, I'm going to need re-confirmation on every song request. I will try to reach out to individuals that have requested songs already as well.
My goal for this album is to write at LEAST 10 songs. I may also include rearrangements of songs previously written as bonus tracks. I think that's all I have to say for now. If you're interested, definitely hit me up. The last few times I've done this project, it was usually a success.
If you have any questions, let me know. I probably forgot to include some important information :P
LOOK WHO CAME: