It has indeed been a while. I really needed the study and work time which meant no fooling around on the interwebs. A real struggle at times but it has a good payoff. I do not think my grades have looked this healthy in well… ever. Wal-Mart’s also been the same, new manager old BS but hey what can you do. I went to tour the Google facilities in NY and for the heck of it handed in a resume just to talk it over and see what I need to improve on. I do plan to try my hand at android development since I got my hands on a nexus 7 and I think it would be a good starting point for a small project I have in mind.
All that aside I must say things have changed (talking about that new Dafoe theme and lack of fap button). It’s like coming back home and your room was rearranged then you need to look and rediscover things. Some pleasant and others… well not so good.
To my stomachs distaste though it seems like a boob war has erupted while I was away, no more accurately a war involving someone’s art direction. Look I can handle a debate but this turns my stomach too much. I was going to enjoy wings Wednesday but I couldn't bring myself to eat a single wing yet, not the cheap stuff either this is good quality wings were talking here. Wing Wednesday is a standing tradition amongst some of us college goers. Look, find what you like and support it, there are plenty of games out there and plenty of styles. I think everybody has had their fill of that stuff though.
Anyway it is still good to be back. I do hope to post more in the C blogs and visit a bit more since my studies are winding down. even through the shit storms that hit us from time to time I still love you all (like my dysfunctional internet family).
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: