1. I just bought a PS Vita Borderlands bundle thing, and then sold the BL2 code to someone on NeoGAF.
2. I also own a Wii U and a Dreamcast. I feel like the Vita is their handheld brethren in a lot of ways.
3. I've very slowly taught myself a bit of programming over the years, usually for the purpose of making games (which tend to end up unfinished). I started taking a college programming class recently and I've already learned how to do a lot of the stuff I've been doing a lot more efficiently.
4. My latest game project is a platformer made in Unity, and I'm happy with my progress so far... but not so much that I want to show it to people yet. When I do, I'll post about it here!
5. After writing this
, Sprinkle's replacement arrived. It's Rosie, who is the same personality type as Sprinkle and starred in the Animal Crossing movie. I also have Margie in my town, who also played a big role in the AC movie.
6. Since writing this
, I've doubled my play time but still haven't beaten that damn game. I'm still enjoying it, but I had to take a break. It starts to get pretty repetitive when you're traveling from place to place and hitting random battles constantly. But I guess that's JRPGs.
7. Iwata's a charming man and Nintendo seem like mostly good people. I hope that Wii U thing starts to sell eventually.
8. I live in Vancouver, and in true Vancouver fashion it's pretty sunny and warm right now but it was POURING rain just a few hours ago.
9. I work in QA. The game industry is not kind to its lowliest folk, I'll tell you that. Currently considering other industries and going back to school part time, but I think I'll always love creating things and would love to be able to make a living as an indie developer. I would settle for developing games as a hobby, because regardless of money I have a blast doing it.
10. I like to think I'm pretty tuned into indie games and other interesting stuff out there, but I find some of the hate big budget games get from some developers, gamers and writers to be a bit overblown. Team "BioShock Infinite is awesome"! I also like Halo a lot, and will defend the merits of its game design until the day I die.
11. I love the c-blogs but these things are ridiculously buggy. I just had to come edit out the ordered list I used, which is a tool built into the editor, because it doesn't show up properly on the site. There are a lot of things to do with formatting and functionality on the c-blogs that are honestly terrible. If I was working as QA for Destructoid I'd write up a lot of bugs!
Also, I previewed this time and saw that my big, bold and italic "BONUS RANT" doesn't show up properly. Oh well.
LOOK WHO CAME: