ZOMG a Blizzard party! The details for Blizzcon 2007 were just announced on their official Web site, along with a programming gig if you're l337 and seeking. Here's what you can expect: "BlizzCon is a celebration of the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo franchises and the players who have helped make them so popular around the world. This year's event will take place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California, on August 3 and 4, and will feature various activities for attendees to take part in." Here's the short list:
* Thousands of grinning virgins!
* The ever-lingering essence of dreaded Renaissance Fair armpits
* Loudly spoken jokes only level 50's will understand
* Ok, ok, I'll cut it out:
* Discussion panels with Blizzard developers
* Artist and developer signings
* Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
* World of Warcraft Trading Card Game tournaments and demos
* Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
* Commemorative merchandise and other products based on the Blizzard franchises
* A silent auction (presuming nobody is flatulent or drunk)
* Live orchestral performances of music from Blizzard games
* More exciting activities to be announced
Sounds like my kind of party; guess I'm taking yet another trip to California this year! Besides, I've been meaning to sew a heavy cloak for weeks now, anyway. This is probably my last year on the East coast; as I'm obviously on the wrong side of the country for this industry. For more info, hit the full press release below:
"We were gratified by the response to our first BlizzCon in 2005 and have been looking for an opportunity to hold a follow-up event ever since," stated Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment®. "With BlizzCon 2007, we plan to deliver another entertaining and informative experience for the attendees, and we look forward to meeting all of them again this year."
BlizzCon will be open to gamers age 4 and older and will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two–day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:
About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® series, Blizzard Entertainment® (www.blizzard.com), a division of Vivendi Games, is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating many of the industry's most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard's track record includes ten #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company's free Internet gaming service, Battle.net®, reigns as the largest in the world, with millions of active users.