Somewhere under the sea, a boy is drinking his pee
BioShock Infinite is still a few months off, so 2K Games has decided to make a quick buck in the interim with BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition. Slated for January 14, the package bundles both BioShock and BioShock 2, along with downloadable content.
Here's the extra stuff, in 2K's own words:
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics -- Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster -- for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
The article continues below. Login to skip ads, get faster mobile, and dibs on betas
Ultimate Rapture will cost $29.99 which, when you look at all the stuff it packs, really ain't a bad deal at all. If you've been holding out since 2007, your patience will have been suitably rewarded. Then again, if you really have been holding out since 2007, you're kind of weird.
The bundle will be available for both PS3 and Xbox 360.