According to a recent post on the official EA Battlefield: Bad Company 2 forums, the big ole' PC patch for the follow-up is now live. Among the host of fixes are a host of tiny single-player bug squashes, including a fix for character voice issues and low volume problems during the cut-scenes. The MP component has received the brunt of the work. Serious server browser woes have been addressed, and even flickering assets got an extra pass.
The full list of the fixes is available below the fold. If you have the Steam version of the game, it looks like your patch will be delayed just a bit more due to the service's lengthier QA process. EA apparently expects it to hit tomorrow.
New Patch v522175 *UPDATE* [EA Battlefield Message Board]
You are logged out. Login | Sign up
- Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
- Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
- Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
- Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
- Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
- Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
- Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes
- Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
- Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
- Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
- Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
- Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
- Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
- Fixed: Display issue on long server names
- Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
- Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
- Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
- Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
- Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
- Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
- Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
- Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
- Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
- Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
- Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
- Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
- Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
- Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
- Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
- Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
- Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
- Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen