Today is a very miraculous day in my gaming history. I have finally finished off my Final Fantasy collection. Now, these are only games that have been released in America, but I do plan to get the imports eventually. I've been collecting these for a loooooong time, so I'm very pleased to be able to say I'm finished for a while. It'll be nice to have a little bit extra money. :P
I wanted to go ahead and wait until today, because as most of you know Final Fantasy IV was released on DS today, which I can’t wait to play. :)
Now, you will also see games in this list that are not “Final Fantasy” games, but there is an explanation! I just so happened to own all of the games I had found on a list that included cameos of Final Fantasy characters, so I added them all as well.
Over at Final Fantasy Wikia
this is what the list consisted of (yeah, some of them are a total stretch.):
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
-“The Wizzrobe enemy looks suspiciously like a Black Mage”
Tales of Symphonia
-“A man in the slums is looking for a flower seller. This is clearly a reference to Aerith from Final Fantasy VII.”
Super Smash Bros. Melee
-“Three of the random names that are chosen are: Vivi, Lulu and Odin.”
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-“The Beam Sword item slightly resembles the Ultima Weapon from Final Fantasy VI. It also grows longer when it does more damage, though it grows longer with smash attacks, not the users HP.”
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Trials and Tribulations
-“During the last case, after being compared to a spoon stirring a cup of coffee, the judge exclaims, ‘I’m a spoon!? I’m no spoony bard, I’ll have you know!” This is a reference to the famous quote by Tellah in Final Fantasy IV.”
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
-“Ninja, White Mage, Black Mage, Moogle and Cactuar are unlockable playable characters. This is the first time Mario is playable with Final Fantasy characters. Also, there’s a Bomb going around at Bowser Castle Court, and a Chocobo as basket in the Airship Court.”
Secret of Evermore
-“The game features several cameos by Final Fantasy characters, namely:
- Cecil from Final Fantasy IV as a secret NPC
- Terra, Locke, Strago, Mog and Umaro, all from Final Fantasy VI standing in the crowd at the coliseum
- An item called the ‘Chocobo’s Egg’ ”
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
-“The playable characters have vague likenesses to Final Fantasy job classes
- Smithy has four Elemental Fiends, similar to Final Fantasy I, IV and IX.
- Bahamut makes an appearance as a boss in Bowser’s Keep as “Bahamutt”
- Various FFVI enemies also appear, including CzarDragon, which was dummied out of the game, and Zombone, both as bosses. The Myconid enemy appears later in FFIX.
- Culex, claims to be a dark knight which would imply he was from the FFIV universe (although never actually appeared.) The battle music playing during the battle is the FFIV boss battle music. He is protected by the four elemental crystals from FFIV and FFV. When you defeat him the traditional “Victory Fanfare” is played. His parting words are ‘in another life, another game, he and the player may have been mortal enemies.’ ”
Also, both my copies of FFVII: Advent Children and FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus are autographed to me by the amazing voice actor, Steve Blum. He played Vincent, my favorite character in Final Fantasy VII.
There are a ton of pictures down in the gallery so check them out if you want to get a closer look :D
Well now I leave you all with a majorly massive smile of accomplishment. I shall now go to see how this new Final Fantasy IV remake is.
Later Taters! <3