Today’s pick celebrates the spookiest scariest skeleton I know. Many of you probably have your own idea as to who that is and at least half of you (I’d wager) immediately thought of Jack Skelington or Undertale. A portion of people may also have the smart answer which would be naming some obscure skeleton character or mob (like the skeletons for Skyrim or something). No there really hasn’t been any Skeleton Lord like this guy.
Yes It’s Nito, the Skeleton with even more skeletons as it’s body. A representation of death Nito was one of the 4 lords who rebelled against the Dragons. His real body is tucked away within the mass of death he wears like armor. A mass of death covered in a second layer of miasma that he uses as a cloak to attack and enfeeble those who would come to claim his soul (which is somewhat of an irony considering the circumstances).
The song itself may be a bit more tame by dark souls standards but it’s attached to such an Iconic figure that is sadly, often overlooked in favor of other skeletal based enemies like Lord Wolnir. Who knew a track made for the undead lord would be such a lively one.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: