Man, October is almost over already. It felt like it had only started a few days ago and now Halloween is around the corner. So much left to do and yet I find myself procrastinating with some Salmon run.
Salmon Run Track02
Originally I wanted to say “The most fun I had playing a zombies mode” but that isn’t really the case. This is actually a horde mode and a damn fine one at that. I would say the overall presentation and elements of Salmon Run give it that zombie feel, at least for me.
You have a horde of salmonids chasing you en mass on what appears to be abandoned decrepit turf in the middle of a sickly looking ocean. The music also conveys a lot. The frantic pace of the strings, the urban noises in the background, the drums, all of it comes together to make one tension filled tune. It’s very fitting for the likes of the Salmonid horde.
Salmon run itself is as close to zombies Splatoon will ever get which I feel is actually quite good. I like that Salmonids have more organization than zombies and that so many unique types exist making each wave feel different and fun (to an extent). In addition to that the rewards feel great and the story that is behind it though not technically complete or even built up is still very good for what is in the game differentiating it from most other zombie horde type games
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: