Well howdy there Destructoid! It's been a long while! We haven't posted to our community blog in years, but as you can see our little handheld gaming podcast that started right here in the Dtoid community is still going strong. Today we thought our newest episode might be of particular interest to you since it features our very own Best Dad, Jonathan Holmes! Enjoy!
In this episode of Pocketoid:
It's our 2017 Games of the Year... but wait... This year was kind of weird? Our games of the year really started to sound kind of generic this year, so we wanted to take a different approach. We felt that the Nintendo Switch would dominate most of the conversation so we decided to go ahead and lean into that to discuss its incredible first year.
- Jonathan Holmes discusses his controversial, but deserved winner of Game of the Year
- Holmes wishes he could love Breath of the Wild like everyone else
- Jordan and Addison really like the Nintendo Switch guys
- Our favorite Switch downloadable titles this year.
- Our favorite games we played not from 2017
- Our favorite places to play our Switch
- Jonathan Holmes has played WAYYY too much Badge Arcade
- Really great listener questions once again! Thanks guys! If your question isn't answered in this episode, look for it next time!
Nintendo Switch Game of the Year
Addison: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Jordan: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nintendo 3DS Game of the Year
Addison: Metroid: Samus Returns
Jordan: Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia
Playstation Vita Game of the Year
See you guys on our next episode where we'll have LOTS of amazing games to review! Be sure to tell us about what you've been playing on Twitter or our Facebook Page! And don't forget our usual website/RSS feed!
Intro: Time Trials - Hyper Potions - GameChops
Outro: One For Kapp'n - Grimecraft x Maxo - GameChops
LOOK WHO CAME: