Hello everyone and welcome to day 17 of 31 days. You know it is quite a challenge to write 31 blogs, even at one blog per day (though in truth I write more than one every couple of days). It’s a good thing I do enjoy writing these. I don’t think I would have made it otherwise. Anyway today’s song is:
Salt and Sanctuary: Voice of the Nameless god
I should point out that I got this game as part of Destructoid’s (3rd?) annual gift exchange.
Salt and Sanctuary is what Dark Souls would be if it was 2d, more so than the actual 2d dark souls game slashy souls. The combat is simple but satisfying. The sound is also on point as each attack truly feels like an attack with power and force behind it. The atmosphere has this sense of decay and darkness. The world itself is intriguing and designed well with many places connected together making this feel like a living world. All said it was a delight to explore.
And what do you know; during my exploration I encountered this abomination
It had a lot of interesting things to say. I wouldn’t say it freaked me out, but it certainly got me thinking and I wanted to know more about this creature. I won’t spoil anything further but this has been one of the best games I’ve played in recent memory.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: