I suppose that depends on what cannon you go with. Water is the one most commonly accepted ending, a personal favorite of mine happens to be the Dog/UFO ending. I also suppose it depends on whether or not you choose Maria over Mary. I did once just to see what happened and I was appropriately punished for it as the cycle continues once James leaves, having learned nothing.
There is something about white noiz that gets me thinking. We often describe it as background sounds, usually ones of little importance. It could be a fan, a heater, or static on the radio. Many people are often comforted by these sounds and use them to go to sleep. I feel there is a bit of irony in the title for silent hill. What James has kept buried for so long, relegated to the background of his mind, has now come to the forefront and is taking meaningful shape in the world of silent hill.
Well that is my interpretation of it anyway. The great thing about the silent hill series is that you can jump into it and derive your own meaning from it all. Its a very deep series. Such a shame that we will probably never see Silent Hills, or any Silent Hill beyond those pachinko machines.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: