AAAAND I'M BACK. Welcome to the July edition of the community completed games master list. If you're like me, perhaps you played a ton of games, but didn't complete a damn one. Well, hopefully a reminder of our master list will give you an extra kick in the rear to gain the resolve you need to finish some of these games. Or maybe your competitive spirit will inspire you to strive for the leaderboards.
It's a tough race, even with these crafty plans.
A small change since the last time: there are two leaderboards now. One is a monthly leaderboard to see who can beat the most games in just a month, and the big'un is the yearly "Master of Games." What do you get for winning? For now, bragging rights. I'd like to see what kind of cool thing I (or we if someone has some ideas) can cook up that might be cool. Maybe a profile badge, or perhaps I'll make you a sandwich.
However, even if you don't think you stand a chance with the leaderboards, please do send your lists. This is a community thing, and it'd be great to see how much we as gamers can accomplish.
Anywho, we're here to STFUAJPG so I will leave you all with a link to the master list and drop the rules below.
Break any of these and Cosmo will break YOU
- The general consensus is that if you completed the story, you completed the game. If the game does not have a story, or a traditional end, then whatever you consider your end game is fine. Examples: Collecting every card in a CCG, beating the Ender Dragon in Minecraft, maxing out your rank in an online game, etc. Saw an end credits after playing for awhile? You probably can qualify as having completed the game.
- Please post the name of the games you completed, the total number of games, and organize them by platform. Please make sure your comment is a reply to my "POST YOUR LISTS HERE" comment. That will be the easiest way to make sure that I see it, thanks to Disqus notifcations. The same applies for your 100%'d achievememts and your Platinum trophies (or 100%'d trophies because I know of a few games without a Platinum). Oh, and if I make a mistake, but you fail to notice, then we both messed up, but I get to claim zero liability. :) (This is a shit ton to keep track of)
- Each game only counts once, but you can recount previously beaten games next year.
- If it's an episodic game, consider it completed when you clear the season, not the episode. We've gone back and forth on this in the forums, but I want to encourage completion. If it's new and the season isn't finished yet, go ahead and list it then. We chill. Just make sure to complete the subsequent episodes as they come out.
- If it's a collection like Megaman Legacy, just list the individual game. You can list the name of the collection next to the platform, if you like. Not necessary. Also, if it's a virtual console or Playstation classic game, give me the original console in that case.
- If it's an extensive DLC/Expansion, feel free to list it separately. If it is a standalone, list it. Has it's own credits sequence? List it. Example: Bloodborne's The Old Hunters, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Forza Horizon 3: Hot Wheels, FF4 The After Years
- Go ahead and list your visual novels and gamebooks. Example: Sorcery!, Lone Wolf Saga, Kolb & the Dragon (jk), Hatoful Boyfriend
- Feel free to list games you remember beating this year prior to this post. If this becomes popular, you can expect a new thread to come out in early January of next year and a year-end wrap up with some commentary about the most popular games and platforms in December. If you miss posting about a game before that last post in December, put it in for next year. You weren't slow, you just beat the game really fast!
- Whenever making new additions you can just reply to my "POST YOUR LISTS HERE" comment saying "New additions: [Insert Title]" and I will add it. Make sure to reply to me, not your original comment, so that I get a notification.
- If there are any questions, suggestions for new rules, or anything else feel free to post about it in the comments. If you notice I am missing anything in your completions list, feel free to PM me. If you have suggestions on how to better format the list in cblog form, I'd definitely appreciate it. It was neater in the forums.
GOLDEN RULE: This is Destructoid, we're better people here and I know it won't be an issue, but since a years worth of bragging rights may be on the line it's worth stating: Don't you lie to me. I will fuckin' find you and things will happen.
July's Completed Games 
PS2: Metal Slug; PS3: Crash Bandicoot
PS4: The Silver Case, Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariendal, Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City; DS: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templar, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Maestro! Jump in Music; X1: Halo 5, Recore; Vita: Day of the Tentacle, Actual Sunlight, Badlands, Alone With You; Wii U: Paper Mario
PS4: Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot Warped; Switch: Splatoon 2, ARMS, Zelda: BotW; Wii U: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
PC: Thea: The Awakening
PS2: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam
PS4: Crash Bandicoot Warped; Vita: Valkyrie Drive: Bikkuni
PC: Rakuen; PS4: Persona 5, Game of Thrones; Sniper Elite
Wes Russow :
PS4: Injustice, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
July's Winner: GajKnight w/ 14 games
Want to see the 2017 master list? CLICK HERE
- Also cocks.
LOOK WHO CAME: