Welcome to day 22 of 31 Days. Time just doesn’t stop and neither will I, well at least till the end of the month. In tangent with 31 Days I also watch 1 horror movie a day for every day in October. This leads into today’s song which Is:
Déjà vu - The Evil Within
For reasons I can’t remember exactly I do recall The Evil Within not being received too well. I actually found the game to be pretty good and it had an interesting concept, even if I was slightly let down by the “cause” of the world being the way it was. I chose this song for a bit of a different reason though. As I mention above I watch one horror movie a day for the month of October. I had just finished watching HOWL (which I highly recommend) when I was kind of reminded of The Evil Within (or TEW). To me TEW felt a bit like a love letter to horror. It wasn’t ground breaking, but still far from being bad and had a lot of elements that I like. The concept is a unique one and while I wasn’t a hundred percent in love with it I still found it good and competent. I don’t know how well they did in the end but I do hope there is potential for a sequel of sorts. Perhaps we can see some of those horrors become a reality in the world of TEW. I would talk more but I plan on saving that for my final blog which like last year will also serve as my bloggers wanted post.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: