Hello Everyone and welcome to another installment of 31 days. Today’s track is
Paper Mario TTYD – Creepy Steeple
No that’s fine, I didn’t need to sleep tonight anyway.
Arguably the best paper Mario game, at least in my opinion. It had a little bit of everything, including music. In a world as colorful and cheery looking as paper Mario this was kind of unexpected. The music also sounds like it’s ripped straight from horror movie, specifically the part where one of them decides to foolishly investigate the area where the monster clearly was but a moment ago. These are usually the first people to go if they are a part of our intrepid group of “heroes” barring the main character themselves. The case in TTYD is also similar, albeit much lighter in tone. You go investigate creepy steeple and there is technically a monster sealed within (dooplis), but unlike most horror movies you have competent help in Vivian and you go back there to beat the ever living undead lights out of him and reclaim what is rightfully yours, as well as a crystal (Ruby) star.
This is another game I’ve wanted to get back to, but again I haven’t because my backlog has spread, further consuming my home in the process. Please send help as I fear I may drown in a sea of physical media.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: