Hello everyone and welcome to day 18 of 31 days. Man it’s more than half way through the month already. My how time flies. Today’s song is
Resident evil Remake: Main Hall theme
You know as Iconic as the save room theme is you don’t see much talk about the main room theme for Resident Evil. Not that you spend an exuberant amount of time here anyway but there is a decent chunk of time none the less. I suppose with all the exploration and surviving at hand most people didn’t pay much attention to this, or perhaps it was simply taken in as part of the environment on a more subconscious level. We knew it was there but perhaps it “merged” into the level itself. I’ve never really taken a moment to listen to this song until now and I’m really digging how well it is composed and how perfectly it fits with the environment. As a matter of fact I feel that this theme and the save room theme are related. They sound similar at the very least; one is just a lot more comforting than the other.
What do you think? Have you really ever stopped to listen to the resident evil soundtrack, like really listen to the music playing around you, or are you busy knifing everything to death like by brother does?
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: