Hello all and welcome to another installment of 31 Days. Today’s track is a simple one, but a good one.
Dark Souls 3: High Lord Wolnir
Perhaps not the best boss fight in Dark Souls, but one I still enjoyed none the less thanks largely in part to the song. It’s a piece with a lot of power behind it. The vocals really help give this fight an extra dimension and serve to highlight the “largeness” of this fight.
The Lore behind Wolnir is also interesting. I didn’t really give it much thought but the bracelets you destroy seem to be the only thing protecting Wolnir from the abyss. It was said that he pled with the gods out of fear of the darkness, and so he got three bracelets and his holy sword which gave him “some semblance of comfort”. When I really think about it, and considering the ending animation it truly does seem like those bracelets we’re the only thing keeping him from being consumed by the abyss. This is further evidenced by an alternate animation that takes place if you manage to kill Wolnir without destroying the bracelets. Again this is really only conjecture on my part but it seems like a very reasonable analysis.
So what do you guys think? Is there something I missed, or perhaps you don't really care about the lore. Maybe you liked this fight, or perhaps hated it. Let me know in the comments below.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About Agent9one of us since 12:45 PM on 04.13.2010
Who is Agent9? The not so secret agent of the destructoid community.
A Few things about me
- I'm almost finished with my degree in computer science and I plan on going into independent development and freelancing once I'm done.
- I can be very cynical, but I do try to be positive or curb my negativity. In spite of this I'm actually very jovial in person and I don't get mad often. I would dare say I'm quite happy, even when things seem bleak. I simply don't like industry Bullshit and I'm not one to stand for it, even if it's a game I like.
- I host a series annually called 31 Days where I post 1 horror related or themed video game song a day for the month of october. During this time I also provide keys for games (free of course) to any reader observant enough to find them.
- I've been a member of destructoid since 2010, and a lurker long before then. As such I've seen many people both come and go. Such is the natural order of things.
- I enjoy Art and draw in my spare time
- I also enjoy theatre and films. I especially like Horror movies (both good and bad ones).
- I go camping once or twice a year. I would go out more but my allergies tend to get in the way.
- I don't drink, which may be a surprise to some. I might make a joke or two about it but I stay away from alcohol for my own personal reasons, though you can feel free to drink a pint on my behalf any time you'd like.
My Top 20 Games (By the ever Illustrious Dango
I also got a musical piece made for me by the incredible Alphadeus. A little history behind this:
My musical piece came as part of the Songs for Gamers album DLC pack 02. Alphadeus has been making songs for the members of the destructoid community for years already. This past year he opened submissions and I applied. For my meagre efforts I received this lovely piece: