It might be getting repetitive at this point, but PS+ is really pretty amazing. I was skeptical of them making it a requirement. I don't believe that basic functions of games, which online play has become, should be locked behind additional costs. However, PS+ has kept up the string of free games. The price of what I'll download next month covers the cost of the year's subscription, if I were to buy them that is. That doesn't even count the games I got last month or the month before, or will be getting in the future. How great is that?
I still don't like paying for online play because so many games rely on it, but I consider that to be something that was added into the PS+ stuff and not the primary reason to get it. It's actually a lot like Netflix for games; it gives you the opportunity to play games "for free" and not have to worry about if you're going to like it or if it will be a good value for the cost. You just get games that there's no reason not to try. I wasn't all about the new Strider game, but now I'll have it. What the hell, I'll play some Strider.
Welcome to the Playstation side of Friday Night Fights! Every Friday, members of the community get together online to play games and all you need to join is a user account. Down below, you'll find a list of games that we'll play tonight along with the times they'll start, the people that you should hit up for invites, and any other information that you may need.
If you want to play, leave a comment with the games from the schedule you want to play and your PSN name. You should also send a PSN friend request to the host and mention your username here in the message so they know you're one of the cool people and not just some random friend request.
If your favorite game isn't on the schedule, host it yourself! You just need to give us the game, start time, and your PSN name so people know what, when and who. It's also wise to list DLC requirements, game or server names, and anything else people might need to join just so you don't need to message it to everyone individually. Last minute additions in the comments here are fine, but games can also be added earlier in the week by visiting the forums and finding the thread with the coming Friday's date. Adding a game there ensures it's on the blog from the moment it goes up.
Three day old threads are only visible to verified humans - this helps our small community management team stay on top of spam
Sorry for the extra step!
About PS FNFone of us since 12:46 AM on 09.05.2011
Welcome to the home of PlayStation Friday Night Fights.
Friday Night Fights is a weekly event where we, community members, cooperate with or murder each other online. There is a forum thread for planning and then a blog post here with the final schedule. Keep an eye out for both them if you want to play some games.
• Keep yourself up to date on the schedule. The list in the forums can change several times throughout the week.
• Leave a message with your PSN name and which games from the schedule you want to play. More people will play if other people are playing, so speak up.
• Send a PSN friend request to the person hosting the game which includes a message with your Dtoid name. If you leave out who you are on the site, they might think you're just a random friend request and ignore you.
• If you want your game listed on the schedule, we need the game, the time, and your PSN ID. We need the specific game, not an abbreviation that applies to more than one; a start time, even if you're playing "all night"; and we need your PSN ID even if you think we know it already.
• Don't worry about hosting the same game or hosting a game at the same time as someone else. Instead, think of it like a movie theater; more than one game can run at the same time.
• Make sure you have at least an hour to play. That's only two or three matches of the average shooter and those go by pretty quick.
• Check the comments, on both the forum post and the cblog when it goes up on Friday, to see if someone has said they'll play. You might have missed their PSN message or your friend list might be full.