1: Qalamari 1:06
(66 seconds) Other times: 1:11
(71 seconds) 1:36
2: Aiayla 1:09
(69 seconds) Other times: 1:11
(71 seconds), 1:13
3: Hitokiri Rei 1:26
(86 seconds) Other times: 1:27
4: Nihil Is Bored 1:27
5: knutaf 1:42
While we've got a solid top 5, there's still plenty of room for improvement even with Qalamari and Aiayla's admittedly impressive runs, so don't let the lead they have on the rest of the pack discourage you from giving it a few shots of your own. Today is the LAST day that you can submit your entries.
Anything uploaded to your fileshare with a creation date later than 27/03/2011 at, say, 4a.m. will not be judged. This'll give you night owls enough time to work on your final submissions as much as you want. Post the links to your fileshare here whenever you finish, and I'll be posting the winner or winners tomorrow.
Note that Qalamari asked how the course is timed. It's really rather simple. The moment you cross over onto the half-bowl which marks the start of the course, I start the clock. When your tires hit the center of the island at the end, I stop the clock. If your clip stops right when you hit the island, at the edge, I add a full 2 seconds to your time to account for orienting yourself on the centre and driving there, so it's probably best to finish the course in the middle.
Remember: If I get more than ten entries into this contest (that is, ten different Destructoid user who try the course and post a time, no matter what is is), well... The prize changes.
First place prize gets to pick between Halo: Legendary Edition, a Full-sized Replica Energy Sword
, or a 6-inch Replica Battle Rifle
. Second place picks from the two remaining prizes, and third place gets what's left.
That's if I get ten entries, mind. If I don't, then the top place winner gets to pick one and I might give a prize to second place, depending on how cranky I feel when I'm judging. So do your fellow Destructoiders a solid and enter even if you don't think your time is good enough to win. That way everybody wins except my wallet!
A Reminder of The Rules
1) This should be obvious, but you have to run the full length of the course without modifying it or spawning a replacement Mongoose for one you let fall into the ocean. I know no Destructoiders are classless enough to do that (or stupid enough to do it and think I wouldn't notice), but I wanted to say it and get it out of the way.
2) No course jumping. While I've done my best to make sure people can't do it in the one place which was obviously ripe for it, I'm sure the more inventive of you will find a way to sequence break this somewhere. Don't bother. You've got to follow the course as laid out in the DestructoidC HowTo video on my file share for your run to qualify. This includes touching all three platforms leading down to the bottom. If you miss the first two... You gotta do it all over again. If you miss the third, you can drive up to it and bump it before driving to the centre of the bowl, but it'll add that time to your run.
3) You have to post the filename in your fileshare and a link I can copy and paste or click on TO your fileshare so that I can download the successful run clip and record an official time. And I don't want the full video with all your unsuccessful runs, I just want the one which is
successful. If you're not sure how to use the theater editing mode of Halo: Reach, check out this tutorial
which explains everything. But instead of mailing it to them, you post a link here.
4) You can
submit multiple entries. I'll update this contest every couple of days or so with leaderboards showing the top 5 best times or whatever, and if you really want the Energy Sword replica you can submit a faster run to try to dethrone the current champ.
5) The deadline for entries is March 27th, 2011 at 4a.m.
. Any entries after that don't count.
6) The winner of the contest, obviously, is the one who does the course the fastest. I may have a consolation prize for the runner up if I get enough entries.
You can find the course AND a clip of how to run the course on my file share, right here
! Or you can just do a search for content using the gamer tag Zen Rain and it'll pop right up!
LOOK WHO CAME: