Get from the spot on the left to the bowl on top of the island to the right.
I've made no secret of the fact that I love the Halo series and think that Halo: Reach is a great, great game. So in the spirit of that, I've decided that my next contest is going to be based totally around that game, with a prize equally based around it.
The prize? Well, you get to pick! Either you're going to win a Replica Battle Rifle
or a Replica Energy Sword
. If you live in Canada and cannot get either of these fantastic prizes, feel free to enter anyway, because I promise I've come up with an equally cool prize for you even though our country doesn't like shipping replica weapons cross-border. Whoever wins will get a chance at the Canadian prize, even if they're American or otherwise, but I'm going to be keeping it a secret for now.
As I said before, I got the idea from Achievement HORSE
for this, so I designed a Mongoose course. It is sadistic, painful, and very, very fun. Expect to die a LOT.
(Dun dun dun!)
1) This should be obvious, but you have to run the full length of the course without modifying it or spawning a replacement Mongoose for one you let fall into the ocean. I know no Destructoiders are classless enough to do that (or stupid enough to do it and think I wouldn't notice), but I wanted to say it and get it out of the way.
2) No course jumping. While I've done my best to make sure people can't do it in the one place which was obviously ripe for it, I'm sure the more inventive of you will find a way to sequence break this somewhere. Don't bother. You've got to follow the course as laid out in the DestructoidC HowTo video on my file share for your run to qualify. This includes touching all three platforms leading down to the bottom. If you miss the first two... You gotta do it all over again. If you miss the third, you can drive up to it and bump it before driving to the centre of the bowl, but it'll add that time to your run.
3) You have to post the filename in your fileshare and a link I can copy and paste or click on TO your fileshare so that I can download the successful run clip and record an official time. And I don't want the full video with all your unsuccessful runs, I just want the one which is
successful. If you're not sure how to use the theater editing mode of Halo: Reach, check out this tutorial
which explains everything. But instead of mailing it to them, you post a link here.
4) You can
submit multiple entries. I'll update this contest every couple of days or so with leaderboards showing the top 5 best times or whatever, and if you really want the Energy Sword replica you can submit a faster run to try to dethrone the current champ.
5) The deadline for entries is March 26th, 2011
. Any entries after that don't count.
6) The winner of the contest, obviously, is the one who does the course the fastest. I may have a consolation prize for the runner up if I get enough entries.
You can find the course AND a clip of how to run the course on my file share, right here
LOOK WHO CAME: