So, it seems like everyone has been making lists lately. I figured I'd add my own, but to make them as unique as possible. No "favourite NES games" here! Anyway, take a look:
Games I never finished, and someday I will:
1) Final Fantasy VII
2) Secret of Evermore
3) Tales of Vesperia
4) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
5) Star Fox
Mediocre SNES games I actually rented while I was young:
1) Blues Brothers
3) The Wizard of Oz
4) Alien 3
5) Krusty's Fun House
Glitches/weird situations I've seen in Red Dead Redemption
1) Man galloping on a horse...inside a boulder.
2) "Drowning" on horseback, when no part of Marsten's body is touching the water.
3) A nun that I hogtied on train tracks still saying hello and being polite...right before the train hits her.
4) Horses that are immune to fire.
5) Random goat falling from the sky.
Favourite Gundam games:
1) Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam
2) Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
3) Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space
4) Gundam Battle Assault
5) Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front
Worst main Mario games (they're are still good games, but there have to be some at the bottom of my list):
1) Super Mario Sunshine
2) Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan)
3) Super Mario Land
4) Super Mario Bros. 2
5) Mario Bros.
Games which gave me the most "buyer's remorse":
1) GTA IV
2) Gears of War 2
3) Gex 2: Enter the Gecko
4) WWF: Attitude
5) Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES)
Coolest looking pointless peripherals:
1) SNES Super Scope
2) The Power Glove
3) Colecovision Super Action Controller
4) Konami Laser Scope
5) Nintendo 64 Jumper Pak (just because of the cool name)
Items that I always hoard, but never use:
1) Temporary staff buff items (Attack up, etc.)
2) Heavy weapons/explosives with limited ammo.
3) Rare cure-all remedies (Megaelixir, etc.)
4) Weapons/armor with limited uses (Fire Emblem, I'm looking at you...).
5) Escape from battle/dungeon items.
Movies that really need to be made into games:
1) Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
2) They Live
3) Passchendaele (or any other WWI movie)
5) Inglourious Basterds
Conventions of game design which are starting to bug me:
1) Incredibly short instruction manuals, in black & white.
2) Achievements/trophies that encourage repetitive grinding.
3) Secret items, events, achievements, etc. that can only be obtained if an obscure and precise series of actions are performed (usually requiring a FAQ).
4) Default weapons (e.g., pistols) that are overpowered.
5) Unskippable cutscenes.
Best disk readers/cartridge slots on consoles:
1) "Push in, push down" - NES
2) "Pop-top lid" - PS1
3) "Feed me slot" - Wii
4) "Chrome tray" - Xbox 360
5) "Snug fit" - Game Boy
Favourite cats in games:
1) Crono's cat(s) - Chrono Trigger
2) Tango - Mega Man V
3) Katt - Breath of Fire 2
4) Cat O' Nine Tails - Donkey Kong Country 2
5) Evil the Cat - Earthworm Jim
That's it. See, I can list too!!!
LOOK WHO CAME: