Well, mentioned it in the forums and I posted a rumor yesterday
Now, MechWarrior fans rejoice! Smith & Tinker and Pirahna games are definitely making MechWarrior
. And to be extra nice they have given us a shiny new trailer to fap to.
And fap I shall!
IGN have also offered a hefty Q&A with Piranha and Smith & Tinker
if you are wanting to see what direction they are taking the new MW game.
Heres a hint: Not MechAssault.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and start shopping for which Battlemech I shall bring ruin with in the new game. Hmmmm, Vulture... Madcat... Atlas.... Supernova.... Damn! So many choices!
Here are some details of the game so far from the Q&A.
- Its a series reboot set before the first MechWarrior game. "Not your father's MechWarrior"
- It's an Action-Simulation, no MechAssault arcade action here
- It Involves Co-Op through the main campaign
- Theres a change in focus from wide open spaces to more urban combat, also destructible environments are in.
- There's a focus on 'information warfare', basically knowing who the enemy is and where he is, this is helped with UAVs and Scout Class Mechs (great for co-op).
- It's being developed for PC and Xbox360 (so far)
- It uses the Unreal3 engine
- Multplayer is also in, including a COD4 style experience system.
- The multiplayer battle looks to be a consistent battle that the devs will change the parameters of over time depending on the outcome of the 'war' (probably similar to ChromeHounds)
- The devs hope
to include a PC vs 360 aspect like ShadowRun (but, y'know, without the suck ;P)
- And S&T are in talks with a lot of publishers, they won't name who's in the lead yet but there's a lot of interest. Especially since this is aiming to come out for BattleTech's 25 anniversary.
Aaaaaand thats about it.