Hey, welcome to a blog full of E3 predictions. In no way are these predictions based on anything other than my own fevered imagination and questionable powers of reasoning. And with that, let's start with...
Things that will definitely happen: PS3 price cut/PS3 Slim announcement
- Sony will stretch out the current PS3 price as long as possible as they look to claw back every last penny and cent. There will be a price drop this year, but it's likely to be much closer to Christmas. Meanwhile, while I'm beginning to believe the PS3 Slim exists, it's no doubt far too embryonic to be shown off yet.
Zune HD integrating with XBLA titles
- Too many technical headaches, too many licensing issues and too much wishful thinking. Bonus prediction - Zune HD will again not see release outside of NA.
DSi Virtual console featuring GB/GBA games
- Not something I think Nintendo is prepared to put time and effort into at this stage, and the market would be a bit more niche. Maybe at TGS, but it's a little early in the DSi's lifespan.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 shown
- Ubisoft seem to have locked it away in the basement, once again the unloved child of the publisher that brings you Imagine Babyz
Duke Nukem Forever revived
- Although 3D Realms has shown signs of life, I think it's best that this one stays dead and fades away, and I'm pretty sure any straight thinking publisher will think that also.
Final Fantasy VII remake announced
- Look, can we just let it go already?
These games are shown
- Pikmin 3, Kingdom Hearts III, Fallout New Vegas, Deus Ex 3
, any Metroid
title, Kid Icarus Wii, Half Life 2:Episode 3
and many, many others...
Agree? Disagree? Leave comments telling me how accurate/WRONG I am.