what the hell? SOMEBODY IS SPYING ON ME!
I remember last year when gaming magazines and gaming websites were saying
that 2007 was the year for gaming. I remember thinking it was bullshit back then and I still think it is a load of bullshit. When I think about it there were really only 3 games that I really liked from 2007: Bioshock, the Orange Box, and Call of Duty 4. There were other games that came out like Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect but they left me unsatisfied.
And then there is this year and if anything it is this year that should be called the year for gaming. Not that filthy whore 2007.
Just think about it, as of now Super Smash Bros. Brawl, GTA4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Soulcalibur 4, Condemned 2, MGS4, and Kirby Super Star Ultra have come out this year and it is not even over yet. We still have 2 more months with Dead Space, Lego Batman (which now that I think about it, is probably already out), Fallout 3, Spiderman: Web of Shadows, Gears of War 2, Mirrors Edge, Legendary (Alright, I'm not really sure about this one), Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Left 4 dead and probably more that I have forgotten about.
Shit, as far as downloadable games go we've had Castle Crashers, N+, Braid, Galaga Legions, and Geometry wars 2. What XBLA game or PSN game came out last year that was that noticeable?
2007 was a false prophet. 2008 is the year we should be praising as people who play videogames.
1. The Destructoid reviewers seem to enjoy Silent Hill: Homecoming. Which means jack shit to me because it sounds like it pulls the same bullshit with the rows of locked doors that infuriated me with the past Silent Hills. And I refuse to play anymore Silent Hills if they still insist on having such bad level design.
2. I no longer find vgcats funny. Alright I stopped finding it funny months ago, but I have been going to the website hoping it will make me laugh again. but, Just look at this
. This is my type of humor, I should have found this hilarious, but I didn't. And I am not entirely sure why. Maybe it was the delivery, maybe it was the fact that the last two panels were completely unneeded, or maybe it was something else. I don't know, but I do know I am not reading Vgcats anymore.
3. Yojimbo is afraid of the dark
4. Blehman loves himself some forums.
5. The Cblog recaps have a sexy new format.
6. Grendel: God and the Devil is a really weird comic. I mean, a cyborg vampire pope trying to destroy the sun? That is so stupid it's awesome.
7. Back to the Future is an awesome sauce movie. You are probably wondering why I am bringing this up now. Well, it is because until this week I had never seen any of the back to the future movies. I want to hurt myself for not doing so now.
8. There is a lot of Spawn hate in the forums.
9. Rockvillian has a sexy new avatar. At least I think it is new, I didn't notice it until recently.
10. That the new RE5 trailer makes me want it even more now.