As I was getting these answers ready somebody randomly sent me the Top 9 quotes made by commentators during the Olympics that they really want to take back. Some of these are so funny I had to share:
1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." 2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother." 3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father." 4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious." 5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again." 6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces." 7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew." 8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field." 9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"
So, how did you all do on yesterday’s fencing quiz
? I know there have been a lot of these quizzes -- and I know the participation is dwindling -- but for all you still hanging on: I really appreciate it. You rule. :)
You can check the correct answers below (in bold
) to see how you did. I hope you earned a medal!
1. Which of the below weapons does Master Higgins throw in Adventure Island?
a. [picture of arrow]
b. [picture of axe]
c. [picture of throwing star]
d. [picture of boomerang]
2. How many different swords can be equipped in Crystalis?
d. 5 [b]The four elemental swords plus the final Crystalis sword can be obtained in the game.
3. According to the original Bionic Commando box art, which of main character Nathan’s arms equips the famous grappling hook?
4. Without looking at the letters, which of the following capsules gives you the laser in Arkanoid?
a. [picture of green capsule]
b. [picture of dark blue capsule]
c. [picture of light blue capsule]
d. [picture of red capsule]
5. Based on the items used as weapons in Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers, which of these buildings would supply the most ammo for Chip and Dale?
a. A library
b. A church
c. An armory
d. A warehouse Chip and Dale throw boxes and crates throughout the entire game. A warehouse would hold a lot of this “ammunition”.
6. Do you remember which Contra game introduced the (amazing!) Homing Missiles?
b. Super C
c. Contra III: The Alien Wars
d. Contra 4
7. Dr. Yang uses all of the following weapons in The Legend of the Mystical Ninja except:
a. [picture of throwing stars]
b. [picture of flute]
c. [picture of coin]
d. [picture of party blower]
Kid Ying, not Dr. Yang, throws coins in the game.
8. How many times can Simon Belmont upgrade his whip in Castlevania for the NES?
He can obtain three whips (leather, short chain, long chain), but can only upgrade two times.
Some Gauntlet cosplayers mixed up their weapons! Help make things right again!
a. [picture of axe]
b. [picture of sword]
c. [picture of arrow]
d. [picture of fireball]
9. Eric dressed as the Elf (c.)
10. Vicki dressed as the Valkyrie (b.)
11. Winston dressed as the Warrior (a.)
12. Wendy dressed as the Wizard (d.)
13. Karnov decides to give up fighting monsters and return to the circus. Based on his main weapon, what should be the name of Karnov’s freak show?
a. Karnov the Master of Knives!
b. Karnov and His Boomerang of Doom!
c. Karnov and the Magical Orb!
d. Karnov the Fire Breather! Karnov shoots fireballs out of his mouth in the game.
One of the below old men offers his hero an arrow, the other a sword. Do you remember which one offers what?
a. [picture of Legend of Zelda old man]
b. [picture of Kid Icarus old man]
14. Arrow (b.)
15. Sword (a.)
*Bonus point: Which games are the two old men from?
The first old man gives Link a sword in The Legend of Zelda. The second old man gives Pit an arrow in Kid Icarus.
16. Besides your gun, what other weapon can you equip in Ikari Warriors?
a. Rocket launcher
d. Sniper rifle
17. Nerbert the nerd wants to dress like Milon from Milon’s Secret Castle for his school’s Halloween party. If Nerbert wants to recreate Milon’s weapon, what children’s toy should he take with him to the party?
a. [picture of bubbles]
b. [picture of baseball bat]
c. [picture of squirt gun]
d. [picture of yo-yo]
Milon shoots bubbles in Milon’s Secret Castle.
18. True of false: Missile and bombs in R.C. Pro-Am are activated by different buttons on the NES controller.
b. False Both weapons in the game are shot with the same button.
19. Immature laughing alert! Which Genesis game equips its main character with a ball gun (hehehe --- I just typed “ball”)?
a. Earthworm Jim
b. James Pond
20. Which of the following items from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is used to destroy an enemy?
a. [picture of candle]
b. [picture of glove]
c. [picture of flute]
d. [picture of hammer]
Link destroys the weird, spider thing outside of Death Mountain with the flute.
Check back on Sunday (8/24) for the final event: the closing ceremony