A 7-year-old boy, Connor O’Keefe was recently electrocuted by his Nintendo Gameboy charger while on vacation with his family in Thailand. The system had been bought for the boy in Thailand as a Christmas present.
Hotel management believes the young boy had just come from the pool and while still wet he touched the charger, which caused him to receive a lethal shock from the unit. They believed that even the safety cut wouldn’t have saved him from that type of shock.
Conner’s parents claim the boy wasn’t wet when he touched the unit and he knew enough about electricity to not fool around with the socket or charger. They believe the problem was in the hotel's electrical system and want someone to look into it.
So far no blame has been laid and police are calling it an accident. Nintendo of Europe responded to the incident with this statement:
"Nintendo wishes to offer its sincere condolences to the family of Connor O'Keefe. Details of the accident are currently unclear so we are unable to make any further comment at this stage.”
The family returned home with the body to South East London on Wednesday.
Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Connor O'Keefe.
This blog submitted to our editor via our Community Blogs, and then it made it to the home page! You can follow community members and vote up their blogs - support each other so we can promote a more diverse and deep content mix on our home page.
Get more destructoid: We're indie-run, blogging for the love of it, and our site will always be free. Optionally, you can support us and get: (1) Faster pages from our cloud server (3) Wide(r)screen (3) No big ads on Dtoid, Japanator, Tomopop, or Flixist (4) Auto contest entries, and (5) Dibs on betas & downloads. Try it out
Unsavory comments? Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma). Can't see comments? Apps like Avast or browser extensions can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.