hot  /  reviews  /  video  /  blogs  /  forum

Young boy dies from Gameboy charger

3:08 PM on 01.05.2007 // Faith

A 7-year-old boy, Connor O’Keefe was recently electrocuted by his Nintendo Gameboy charger while on vacation with his family in Thailand. The system had been bought for the boy in Thailand as a Christmas present.

Hotel management believes the young boy had just come from the pool and while still wet he touched the charger, which caused him to receive a lethal shock from the unit. They believed that even the safety cut wouldn’t have saved him from that type of shock.

Conner’s parents claim the boy wasn’t wet when he touched the unit and he knew enough about electricity to not fool around with the socket or charger. They believe the problem was in the hotel's electrical system and want someone to look into it.

So far no blame has been laid and police are calling it an accident. Nintendo of Europe responded to the incident with this statement:

"Nintendo wishes to offer its sincere condolences to the family of Connor O'Keefe. Details of the accident are currently unclear so we are unable to make any further comment at this stage.”

The family returned home with the body to South East London on Wednesday.

Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Connor O'Keefe.

[Via The Sun Online and Games Industry.biz




 Reblog (or) Blog Reply

Faith,
 Follow Blog + disclosure

This blog submitted to our editor via our Community Blogs, and then it made it to the home page! You can follow community members and vote up their blogs - support each other so we can promote a more diverse and deep content mix on our home page.



Get more destructoid:   We're indie-run, blogging for the love of it, and our site will always be free. Optionally, you can support us and get: (1) Faster pages from our cloud server (3) Wide(r)screen (3) No big ads on Dtoid, Japanator, Tomopop, or Flixist (4) Auto contest entries, and (5) Dibs on betas & downloads. Try it out

 Setup email comments

Unsavory comments? Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma). Can't see comments? Apps like Avast or browser extensions can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.


  Around the web (login to improve these)




Back to Top


We follow moms on   Facebook  and   Twitter
  Light Theme      Dark Theme
Pssst. Konami Code + Enter?
You may remix stuff our site under creative commons w/@
- Destructoid means family. Living the dream, since 2006 -