Yoostar 2 lets you reenact Frankenstein on March 8
2:40 PM on 02.09.2011 // Nick Chester
Yoostar 2 is like magic, using the PlayStation Eye or Kinect to put players into their favorite movies. It will magically be appealing on store shelves on March 8, for $49.99, the game's developer has announced.
The game itself is a bit difficult to explain, so you have two options: check out this latest developer diary or our own preview we did of the game not too long ago. Basic idea is that Yoostar 2 has players re-enacting scenes popular films and television shows, and getting scored based on their performances. How does it work? Magic, man, we already talked about that.
So what movies/scenes will be in the game? It seems like a pretty hefty list, including everything from Beverly Hills Cop to Frankenstein, Rocky to Shaun of the Dead. The full list of sets and scenes can be found below.
It really comes down to how well the technology works, but in theory, Yoostar 2 sounds like a pretty hilarious party game. Anyone wanna come by and perform the "It's not a tumor!" scene from Kindergarten Cop with me?
Setup email comments
- 300: This is Sparta! & Tonight we dine in hell!
- Along Came Polly: Me no estas too good.
- American Pie: Stifler’s mom.
- Angels and Demons: A Vatican jet is standing by.
- Animal House: You’re expelled!
- Apollo 13: Houston, we have a problem.
- Baby Mama: Here come yo’ baby mama.
- Beverly Hills Cop: Herpes simplex 10.
- Blazing Saddles: I was born here, and I was raised here.
- The Blues Brothers: It’s 106 miles to Chicago.
- Casablanca: Here’s looking at you, kid!
- Coming to America: I want to tear you apart.
- CSI: Miami Season 3: Gator bait!
- Employee of the Month: Call an emergency staff meeting.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
- Forest Gump: It’s a household name.
- Frankenstein: It’s Alive!
- Godfather: An offer he can’t refuse.
- Grease: What’s the matter – you afraid?
- The Hangover: One-man wolf pack. & Oh, Lord – it's Mike Tyson
- The Italian Job: I’m Handsome Rob.
- Karate Kid: Wax on, wax off
- Kick Ass: You lookin’ at me? & Nobody’s tried to be a superhero?
- Kindergarten Cop: It’s not a tumor!
- Mad Men Season 1: Enjoying the company of women.
- Meet the Fockers: Look at this! & That weird shrine thing.
- Meet the Parents: Can you deal with that!
- The Mummy: Protect and watch over me.
- Norbit: I haven’t touched your seat.
- The Nutty Professor: Dinner with the Klumps.
- The Princess Bride: Tale of the 6-fingered man.
- Rocky: What about my prime, Mick?
- Rocky Balboa: People see me, and they think of you.
- Shaun Of The Dead: Zombie Soundtrack
- Slap Shot: The finer points of hockey.
- The Spiderwick Chronicles: Jared meets Thimbletack
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 3: Locutus of Borg: Resistance is futile.
- Star Trek: The Original Series Season 2: What killed these tribbles?
- Superman Returns: Superman saves an airplane
- The Terminator: I’ll be back.
- Tropic Thunder: Agent Pecker on the line. & A sweet, cuddly, vicious little panda!
- Up in Smoke: Anybody got any coffee?
- The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy meets the Scarecrow.
- Clash of the Titans: Defeat the Kraken!
- Gladiator: A gladiator before the cheering masses.
- I Am Legend: I can save you!
- King Kong: The wrath of Kong.
- The Matrix: The One commands 'The Matrix'.
- The Matrix Revolutions: Outmaneuver the Sentinel army.
- Men in Black: Confront the Bug.
- Scarface: Say hello to my little friend.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Enterprise-D bridge.
- Top Gun: Flight Simulator.
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.