[Update: Contest closed! Grand prize winnner is Dreamweaver! Runner-ups are N7, nekobun and Overindulgence!]
Yes, you read that right. Freaking ukuleles.
We've teamed up with Square Enix to give away a badass Army Corps of Hell themed electric guitar and ukuleles. Three ukuleles to be exact. It's a rather fitting prize if you think about it. Army Corps of Hell has a badass heavy metal soundtrack going for it all the while you use a goblin demon army to reclaim your crown as the king of Hell. You can see for yourself by downloading the game right now through the PlayStation Vita store or picking up a copy at retailers starting on February 22.
What would YOU do if you had your own personal goblin demon army to use however which way you felt like? Tell us in the comments and the best answer will win themselves the electric guitar. Three runner-ups will each win a ukulele.
You have until February 29 at 11:59PM CST to enter and contest is open to anyone with a US based shipping address the prizes can be sent to. Limit one entry per person to so you better make it count!
You see that guy? He's the lord of Hell and wants you to rock out like this guy:
Contests Official RulesNo Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: Destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where Destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9.Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; Â© printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners 580 Market Street #59757 San Francisco CA 94104. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, Destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total chode, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
|8:01 AM on 02.14.2012|
Review: Army Corps of Hell
Imagine Pikmin with demons and death metal -- that's kind of like what Army Corps of Hell is. Instead of commanding cute little plant-like creatures in an oxygen-heavy forest, you'll command nasty goblins in the bowels of fla...more
|12:00 PM on 01.20.2012|
The King of Hell trolls citizens in Michigan
The King of Hell from upcoming PS Vita game Army Corps of Hell is following me on Twitter. I'm honored that the Dark Overlord himself would listen to the ramblings of one of his underlings. He's worth following as he spews f...more
|6:15 PM on 12.22.2011|
Army Corgis of Hell
Did I get that name right? What better way than to show off the small size of the PlayStation Vita boxes than with a small breed of dog. I asked him to give me the best "Corgis of Hell" look, but this is the best he cou...more
|12:00 PM on 11.30.2011|
New Army Corps of Hell screens have a bug problem
I love this insect (fly? bee?) from Army Corps of Hell, the upcoming PlayStation Vita game from Square Enix (artwork above). He's so extreme and serious looking. It's like someone in the art department woke up one day and sai...more
|9:00 AM on 11.01.2011|
Win a PS Vita in this Army Corps of Hell sweepstakes
Square Enix has kicked off a sweepstakes for upcoming game Army Corps of Hell. North Americans (sorry!) that Like their Facebook page will have a chance to win a PlayStation Vita and a copy of the game. These are both things ...more
|5:00 AM on 10.15.2011|
Army Corps of Hell to launch with Vita in North America
We may not know exactly when the PlayStation Vita is launching in North America, but Square Enix has confirmed that Army Corps of Hell will be launching alongside Sony's forthcoming handheld. The story centers aroun...more
|10:00 AM on 09.30.2011|
Square Enix removes memory card requirement from Vita box
[Update: Square Enix has indeed confirmed that Army Corps won't demand a memory card, so the conspiracy theories can be laid to rest. However, the fact that a "Memory Card required" logo still exists is what really unsettles ...more
|10:15 AM on 09.21.2011|
Army Corps of Hell's trailer is freakin' nuts, so metal
Did you miss the Army Corps of Hell trailer from TGS? If you have, no worries, as Square Enix has just let out the "uncensored" version of this trailer. If this video doesn't get you pumped up for this upcoming PS Vita ...more
|12:52 PM on 09.15.2011|
TGS: Hands-on with Army Corps of Hell
With another system launch comes another batch of hamfisted portable entries in popular series and rushed, undercooked games. I’m sure Ridge Racer will be as good as it has ever been on the PlayStation Vita, but it&r...more
|1:00 PM on 05.20.2013|
The odds are against you in Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Origins is a prequel in the Arkham franchise, following a Batman who's more myth than legend at this point in his crime fighting career. This is a younger Bruce Wayne, more agile in combat yet still equipped w...more
|12:00 PM on 05.20.2013|
Gran Turismo 6: A peek under the hood
Just a few weeks ago, we were picking over Gran Turismo 6 rumors, and now here we are with our very first preview. I was surprised to walk into a hands-on opportunity just one day after the title was officially announced. Surprised and pleased. It may not have been the PlayStation 4 launch game I was hoping for, but it's never really a bad time for more Gran Turismo.more
|10:00 AM on 05.20.2013|
Tearaway is a must-own for the PlayStation Vita
Last week, I got to preview a bunch of current-gen games, which we can expect to see during E3, at a special pre-show event that entailed several different game companies. The Sony showcase in particular had a handful of game...more