[Update: Contest closed! Winners are jessalynzo, Keyrlis, ladyzaner, linzbot, Shadowstew, solidturtleman, Sparklykiss, The Silent Protagonist, TheFrozenOne, and trueb7ue!]
Lollipop Chainsaw is finally out for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this week! We've been anticipating Suda 51's latest for months now, and will have a review for you soon. In the meantime, Warner Bros. has given Destructoid a bunch of swag boxes containing all sorts of Lollipop Chainsaw goodies to giveaway. The kits contain:
A USB drive, T-shirt, wall poster, bloody pom poms, megaphone, tattoos, magnets, Nick Head key chains, lollipops, and a Juliet autographed photo.
We have ten of these kits to giveaway on Destructoid, with more to be given out on Destructoid.TV's Mash Tactics show and our regular news show on YouTube.com/Dtoid all this week. To win one of the prize boxes right here on Destructoid.com proper, you'll just need to make up some sort of cheerleader cheer in the comments below that involves anything related to Lollipop Chainsaw and/or the Destructoid staff.
No limit to entry, and contest is open to anyone with a US based address the prizes can be sent to. You have until June 16 at 11:59PM PDT to enter, after which we'll be emailing winners directly. Good luck!
Contests Official RulesNo Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: Destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where Destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9.Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; Â© printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners 580 Market Street #59757 San Francisco CA 94104. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, Destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total chode, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
|11:00 PM on 02.16.2013|
Lollipop Chainsaw Valentine Edition now available
Valentine's Day has come and gone but the so-called most romantic day of the year has left one lasting festive treat for everyone to enjoy in its wake. The Lollipop Chainsaw Valentine Edition released on Thursd...more
|9:00 AM on 12.06.2012|
Lollipop Chainsaw Valentine Edition revealed
Lollipop Chainsaw Valentine Edition has been announced for Japan, slated to arrive on February 14, 2013. The special edition release will include a "perfect unlock code," as well as two DVDs, and computer stuff includi...more
|10:30 AM on 07.07.2012|
Talking to Women about Videogames: Lollipop Chainsaw Pt 2
[Talking to Women about Videogames is a series where Jonathan Holmes talks to different people who are women about the biggest videogame news of the week for some reason.] In this, the second part of a two-part series a...more
|6:30 PM on 06.18.2012|
Here are our Lollipop Chainsaw contest winners!
Last week, we asked you to be our Dtoid cheerleaders in order to win a box full of Lollipop Chainsaw goodies. The results were a mix of hilarious, disturbing, and ... well, more disturbing. Sadly, only ten of you could walk a...more
|2:00 PM on 06.18.2012|
Objectification and Lollipop Chainsaw
It is said that Suda 51 always has something to say with his games, even when it looks like he's saying nothing at all. From abstract and disturbed curiosities such as Killer7 to silly and vulgar adventures like No More Heroe...more
|11:01 PM on 06.11.2012|
Review: Lollipop Chainsaw
Lollipop Chainsaw is the kind of game I dread having to review. Not because I necessarily dislike the game, and not because I foresee it becoming the center of yet another trite videogame review controversy. I dread these kin...more
|3:00 AM on 06.01.2012|
New trailer for Lollipop Chainsaw all about the gameplay
We're officially just less than two weeks away from Lollipop Chainsaw. Are you excited? I know for a fact that I am. I also know quite a few people who aren't sure to be excited or not, because they simply aren't sure of the...more
|9:00 PM on 05.23.2012|
Zombie cheerleaders can be found at London Comic-Con
Are you sad because you live out of the country and it's very difficult to make it to the legendary San Diego Comic-Con? Well, if you live in/near London, UK, you can always head to the MCM London Comic-Con being held later t...more
|3:00 PM on 05.17.2012|
Lollipop Chainsaw Special Edition includes Jessica Nigri?
It seems like every new release these days has a special collector's edition of one form or another: paperweight dragons, underpants, sex dolls, whatever. The point is, every game absolutely must have one -- regardless ...more
|8:00 AM on 04.27.2013|
Killer is Dead's curvy cosplayers chat cozily on a couch
Jessica Nigri is reprising her role as a promotional model in Grasshopper Manufacture and Kadokawa Games' latest collaboration, Killer is Dead. After portraying Juliet Starling for Lollipop Chainsaw, Nigri takes on the ...more
|3:30 PM on 04.17.2013|
Report: Liberation Maiden to get sequel on PlayStation 3
Liberation Maiden is getting a sequel! Well, sort of. It seems like Grasshopper Manufacture has decided to eschew Shoko's roots, following up last year's 3DS shooter with a visual novel for PlayStation 3. According to Si...more
|2:00 AM on 04.17.2013|
Shove these Killer Is Dead screens down your throat
Last night we showed you Killer Is Dead's pervy Gigolo missions. A nice little diversion from all the killing you will be doing. Yes, there's killing! So much killing! So much blood! Just look at all these screenshots in our ...more