[Update: Contest over! Winners are ResidentEmo and TheCiderMan!]
With National Puppy Day looming on the horizon, what better way to celebrate than with an adorable new iPad game from the internal team at Big Fish Studios?
Fetch follows a young boy on his quest to find and retrieve his dog, Bear, after he's been kidnapped by an evil fire hydrant. It's an adventure game with an arcade twist that just so happens to be inspired by one of the developer's own dogs - also named Bear. It's an absolutely charming little title, and it's clear a lot of love has been put into the game, from the characters to the level design to the animations. Try not to smile when you play this. I dare you.
Fetch is out now exclusively on iPad for $4.99, and Big Fish Studios has generously donated two codes to give away to a couple lucky Destructoid readers. Just leave a comment below, and you'll automatically be entered to win!
Photo Gallery: (12 images)
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
1. Eligibility: destructoid.com contests are usually provided by sponsors who, due to customs and shipping costs (yay budgets), often limit participation to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (unless otherwise stated) and are at least 12 years of age. We encourage our overseas friends to be super sneaky and make a friend in the United States who can receive your prize, and then you two figure out the customs/logistics. Be cautious about who you trust, obviously. Employees of destructoid.com, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contests, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contests (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are *not* eligible and will be fired and publicly beaten if are caught participating. All U.S., federal, state and local and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of each Contest (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Contest site.
4. Entry: To enter a Contest, follow the instructions on the Contest site. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The number of times you can enter the Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person, with the exception of patron members who may enter contests by logging into their 'perks' page.
5. Drawing: Unless otherwise specified in the contest details above, we will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. The number of winners to be selected in a specific Contest will be posted on the applicable Contest site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, we may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Contest.
6. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Winners will be notified by the e-mail address associated with their account on destructoid.com and/or receive a Private Message on destructoid.com or through a Twitter Direct Message/Facebook message. Winners have five (5) days from the original message alerting them of their winnings to respond and claim their prize. If no winner comes forward within five business days, the prize will be forfeited and raffled again where destructoid's hardcore fans are most active (forums/community blogs/facebook group).
7. Prize(s): The prize(s) (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won in a specific Contest will be posted on the Contest site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prizes will be mailed between 1 to 45 business days after winners have replied with their required info.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contest Results: To enter the contest without needing to buy/sell anything or request a written copy of the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (stating the specific Contest you are requesting the winners for) to destructoid.com Contest Winners, 548 Market Street #59757, San Francisco, CA 94104 USA. We run many contests, so please be specific in what you are requesting. Winner requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the applicable contest (they're always posted on our site though). Winners are usually posted the day following the contest on our contest section.
Lastly, destructoid has the right to kick your ass and take away your prize if you are a total dick, so be cool and don't kick any puppies on your way to victory. Have fun with our contests and be a good sport when you win or lose. Remember: First you get the power, then you get the money, then get the baby.
CoilWhine I'm still playing Tearaway Unfolded - 75% of the way to 100%. I'm gonna platnium this sucka and get my first platnium since Sly 2 back in 2012. I wrote a whole cBlog about platnium trophies and stuff a while back. 2 lazy to link it thoikiryou I've reluctantly sauntered back to Hyperdimensia Neptunia: Rebirth 2 after a lengthy hiatus. I'm really not feeling Broccoli nor Red. Maybe Red a little more since she's a waifu protector.Virtua Kazama What? We aren't gonna see KaneBlueRiver vs. Filipino Champ in a First to 15 for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at Winter Brawl X? KBR ducking Champ? Say it ain't so!Dreamweaver I can't choose simply one waifu for myself, so I've been obsessed with looking up netorare hentai. That way, I know every trick to steal all of your waifus away and keep them all to myself. It's the perfect plan! The only problem: I only have one dick. :(Parismio Aw shit, just 100 left to go til the big 9!lewness I am so late for the party. Where the hell do I get Fire Emblem Fates Special EditionAmna Umen There you go, my season 2 vehicle. You happy Mr. Destructoid?siddartha85 Just started Gravity Rush. I'm finally playing this.Gamemaniac3434 Well friends, its almost time for my blog to exit the large intestine of page one into the cold, dark bowl of page two, to be flushed and forgotten. Why not throw a fap on there to ease the journey, and give it one last look before its gone?Ckarasu Do not believe Chris' lies. Cyber Sleuth is nothing like Persona. It's all lies, I tell you!Fuzunga They put season 2 of Young Justice on Netflix finally. Apparently, if lots of people watch it they'll consider a 3rd season. So do it now! [url]http://comicbook.com/2016/02/03/greg-weisman-teases-hope-for-young-justice-season-3/[/url]bigboss0110 I heard from a little birdie that a store near my house will be getting Street Fighter V a day early. Will I get banned from PSN if I play it online that day?SeymourDuncan17 I try to hold myself to just one waifu, but games like Persona 4 and Overwatch make it so very hard.Parismio Woot! I hit 8888 comments!KnickKnackMyWack FEAR and Resident Evil 4 were great action/horror games. It's a shame that nowadays such ideas either go one way or another. I would like to see a resurgence of that style where it's a scary/tense experience but the player has power and control.ThrillDyl Hey, Dyltheman here, just telling that it is just me who changed their username. That is all, go about your day.BaronVonSnakPak I just got into a beta (the email didn't mention NDA) for a moba on xbox one. I know what I'm doing tonight.ikiryou I just took the Pewdiepie Undertale Playthrough Challenge - I managed to get through 2mins 29sec before getting a migraine and escaping the page. Where is my trophy or Vicodin reward oddammit???LinkSlayer64 [img]http://i.imgur.com/5Yz281M.gif[/img]Amna Umen Also I can't even see the comments anymore, anyone else having this issue...not that I will be able to see...I'M LOCKED INSIDE A BOX OF MY OWN THOUGHTS WITH NO ROCKET LEAGUE!