Watch Dogs patch releasing shortly on all consoles and PC versions
It probably still won't look like the E3 build, though
Hey, guys! We've got some more Watch Dogs news! I know how much you all love that, but hear me out. There's a new patch coming for all platforms. That means PS4, PS3, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
The patch is being rolled out on a staggered release schedule, with the PlayStation 4 patch quoted to have been coming out "in the next few hours" as of the Watch Dogs team's forum posting. The PS3 version is "coming shortly," with the PC patch arriving in "the coming days." Xbox One and Xbox 360 players should expect their patch next week or so.
But what does the patch entail? Oh, I'm so glad you asked. I've been dying to use the blockquote feature all week. Straight from the Watch Dogs team:
MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.
Check out the official forum thread for more info, and let us know how the patch is working out for you when you get your hands on it.
Watch Dogs Patch (6/18/14) [Ubisoft Forums] Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.