YouTube user m00sicianEN "accidentally" bought the Japanese Vita version of Final Fantasy X HD Remaster and decided to play it for a couple of hours to show us how it looks and works.
I haven't watched all of it, but I've had it on playing while working this morning, so I've seen a fair bit of it. Here's my take. Keep in mind that this was captured from Vita, so it'll look much better on your OLED screen.
- Dude forgot about the confirm/cancel Japanese button switch.
- I forgot how dorky that prayer pose was!
- Neat UI.
- It looks great. I can see new textures for sure. The Vita visuals do not seem like compromise...
- ...but some of the faces look weird.
- Cutscenes are WOW good.
- The music is so different. I didn't realize until my pal Alexa pointed it out. The brass patch used in the battle and victory song is not great.
- It looks like the frame rate dips in places, though its never terrible. This may be tied to capture, though.
Overall, this looks very nice. I can't wait to put my face in it.