Well hello there! My name is Moritz I'm a teenager from Germany and also an aspiring game designer. I got into games through my father - his work has to do with computers - I believe, but he actually doesn't really like video games, because he thinkgs they're just little time waster, which is the complete opposite of my opinion.
I play video games since I can remember and of course I've got a few favourites, though some of them might not be collectively called "good", but a game doesn't have to be fun for me as long as it is an interesting experience, experiment etcetera.
So my favourites are at the moment (in no particular order):
- Pathologic by russian indie dev Ice-Pick Lodge; the lead designer is Nikolay Dibowsky
- The Void also by Ice-Pick Lodge
- Sleep is Death (not really a game I know) by Jason Rohrer
- Deus Ex by Ion Storm (I only was able to play the demo so far), Warren Spector was the lead designer here I believe
- Braid by Jonathan Blow
- Space Chem (sorry forgot the name of the designer)
- Between by Jason Rohrer
- Demon's Souls
- Super Meat Boy by Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes
- Civ 4 by Sid Meiers
- Fallout 3
And actually this list could go on forever, I think I've just got a pretty divert taste and high tolerance (look at Pathologic for example) for games. So yeah these and many more are video games I like.
Right now I'm playing mostly Pathologic and Super Meat Boy.