Ugly photos from Battlefield 4's Alpha leak new features
Unfinished preview reveals weapons, gameplay, squads
A massive 58 image gallery of an early, half-textured alpha build of Battlefield 4 was making the rounds last night, presumably leaked from a private multiplayer test on the Xbox 360 ("Xenon" Build). They're pretty gross overall, featuring details of squads, micro-transactions, and what appear to be smallish maps. Browse at your own risk.
The images do give more information about the "Battlepacks" mentioned in the leaked survey from May, citing over 300 possible in-game booster packs containing over 1,200 items including character customizations and weapon attachments. A stupid amount of day 1 DLC is likely. A summary of confirmed maps, weapons, and features was compiled here.
These are a far cry from the polished video presentation we saw months ago, which likely was rendered on an top-of-the-line master race PC, water-cooled by the tears of last-gen's console gamers. We're sure this will look gorgeous on the floor this week at E3, when running on new hardware.
Setup email comments
Here's the notes from the Reddit thread:
- 5 man squads
- Knife and grenade customization
- Variable zoom sights(14x)
- A redone squad spec system
- Something which looks like limited ammo for the MBT.
- Looks like vehicle gadgets and weapons only need to be unlocked once, or the name for the vehicle could be missing in the alpha.
- HUD customization
- Two sights on the same weapon?[53,58]
- The map is called Siege and takes place in Shanghai
- Possibly an working elevator*
- Pistol Customization
- Barrel Customization
- M9 Sidearm
- The Scout Elite Sniper
- The SV98
- The QBU-88 (Which means we can expect to see the QBZ back as well)
- The Type 88
- PKA-S Holographic Sight
- The ACOG Sight
- The Kobra Red Dot Sight
- Recon(Has c4 in BF4)
- The Offensive Specialization
Confirmed Vehicle Equipment
- HE SHELL
- IRNV OPTICS
- ZUNI ROCKET PODS
- GUIDED MISSILE
- ANTI-AIR MISSILE
- BURST SHELL
Confirmed Multiplayer Maps
Confirmed New Features
- Dual Sights
- Battlepacks(will probably contain camos and dogtags)
Photo Gallery: (57 images)
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.