Tribute Games' Mercenary Kings funded on Kickstarter
Hooray! The Kickstarter for Mercenary Kings, the 2D action game from Tribute Games (Wizorb) with art from Paul Robertson, has been funded. I can't be the only one who is terrible about keeping up with campaigns after the initial push, so I figured a follow-up was in order.
While this was a success at $116,064 in contributions, we only broke the first milestone at $75,000. The next, set at $125,000, would have added more content in a number of different areas. Even still, this is what Mercenary Kings ought to have when it launches next year on PC:
- 30 to 40 missions taking place on a paradise island under siege.
- 4-player local coop mode
- 20 to 30 primary weapon sets (guns)
- 5 to 10 secondary weapons (knives)
- Various materials to build parts
- Basic shop items (rations, first-aid, grenades, and more)
- Main NPCs (Colonel, Gunsmith, Knife Expert, Shopkeeper, Helicopter Pilot)
- 15 enemies
- 4 mind-blowing bosses
- 4 color palettes for the main character
In its own words, Tribute says the base milestone will allow the studio to "make a version of the game that focuses on the features that are essential to make Mercenary Kings great." There's also the hope that revenue generated from the game can go back into expanding features post-release.
Mercenary Kings will be made [Tiny Cartridge] Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.