Total War: Rome II is getting gory but it'll cost you
Blood & Gore DLC
That man seems to have lost his head. Welp.
Tomorrow, Total War: Rome II is getting its Blood & Gore DLC which adds a whole mess of gruesome effects to the game. It's unfortunate that this is a $2.99 download as opposed to being, well, free. Can't say I blame them, though -- people will buy it. I will say that reading thorough the feature list is bringing out my inner psychopath.
- New blood-spattered front end
- Graphics option for turning on/off blood
- Blood VFX on arrow/pilum/javelin impacts
- Blood VFX on rock/stone impacts
- Blood VFX on death animations
- Blood shader on death animations and attackers
- Decapitation on selected death animations
- Dismemberment on selected death animations
- Blood decals on terrain
- Sound effects for all blood animations
It's not the first time Creative Assembly has done this kind of DLC; Total War: Shogun 2 had a similar add-on pack. It was a bit weird then and it still is. Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.