Although a better machine will obviously net you access to superior bells and whistles, the minimum system requirements for Tomb Raider are quite undemanding. Given Square Enix's seeming commitment to strong PC ports, it's good to see it hasn't forgotten the little people.
Minimum system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
- AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
- nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU:
- AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)
- Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
- AMD Radeon HD 4870
- nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU:
- AMD Phenom II X2 565
- Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory
The high end machines will get access to high resolution textures, detail tessellation, high quality shadows, bokeh depth of field and near-blur, adjustable LOD quality, and improved cloth, water, SSAO and post-filter effects.
Crystal Dynamics said it cares about ensuring PC gamers can play Tomb Raider on older machines, which is why it still supports Windows XP. The studio claims went into the PC version with the "sole intention of creating the best possible consumer experience for that format."
Well, ain't that nice?
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.