Considering all of the different types of drinking games there are, I'm surprised there's not one centered around videogames. Sure, you can create your own -- like every time you hear "Welcome to the circus of values!" in BioShock, or every time someone teabags you in Halo 3. But there's no official drinking game where the focus is on drinking, and not gaming.
That's why I decided to create my own. I call it: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.
Warning: For all you kiddies out there, you can substitute Red Bull as your drink of choice. It'll leave you completely blitzed, without the urge to throw up on your cat afterwards.
So here's how you play:
1. Assemble a group of gamers who want to drink 'til their livers drown.
2. Find crappy booze, because if you still play drinking games, it's likely the only kind of booze you can afford.
3. One person starts off listing something GOOD about videogames.
4. The next person must then list something BAD about videogames, but it must correlate to what was first mentioned as good.
5. The last person must then come up with the UGLY, which is a specific game that captures the essence of what is BAD.
6. Chances are the person second or last is going to mess up. There is a time limit, so you can't go Google stuff. Loser has to drink up!
Here are some examples:
THE GOOD: The advent of digital download games
Not quite getting it? Here's another example:
THE GOOD: I love how we now have online multiplayer!
Need one more? Here goes!
THE GOOD: I love next gen games!
Think you got it? Then submit your own ideas in the comments section! Time to break out the Jose Cuervo, and get your drink on!