This week's Xbox One system update detailed
Microsoft is rolling out a system update this week for Xbox One which covers a number of issues relating to SmartGlass, multiplayer, notifications, wireless, and dashboard performance some users are experiencing. Console owners who have their system in the standby "Instant On" mode will have already been through the process, while everyone else will be prompted to update after Thursday, December 12 at 2:00am Pacific.
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
Xbox Live's Major Nelson says there's plenty more where this came from next year based on feedback provided by the Xbox One community. A quick scroll to the comments section of the announcement blog and, yep, there's serious work to be done.
Xbox One System Update [Major Nelson] Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.