This one guy is making a sci-fi RTS and it looks good
What have you done lately?
Meridian: New World has been in development for two years. The single-player, story-focused sci-fi strategy game slated to release next year comes courtesy of Elder Games, which is actually just one guy, Ede Tarsoly. Check a full features dump below.
The optional alternative paths to victory sound nice. Apparently, you can "take the covert approach and sabotage the enemy power supply to shut down their production," "rely entirely on researching superior weapons or special abilities," or "risk building a large economy, constructing a massive army from your enormous resources."
I don't typically play real-time strategy games, so I'll likely not ever get to Meridian, but you've got to be impressed by this one-man effort. Plus, the protagonist's name is Daniel Hanson, which is a typo away from being a pretty cool name, you know? Of course, as good as it looks, where the game will sink or swim is with the game design and balancing. But, for the time being, let's be hopeful.
Setup email comments
- Traditional RTS gameplay with a focus on strategy – the forceful approach rarely works
- Experience a world of choices where every decision has an impact on the world around you
- Use the right tool to get the job done: equip your units with 15 different weapons
- Gain XP during battle and upgrade your commander profile with special combat abilities
- Get to know the people on board your ship: by talking to them, you influence the crew’s behavior
- Including a full level editor and scripting tool used to build the campaign maps will be available
- Never run out of maps with the in-game custom map downloader and official levels released frequently after release
Meridian: New World announced, a sci-fi RTS from one-man dev team Elder Games [PC Gamer]Photo Gallery: (3 images)
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.