This is Skylanders Trap Team's Dark Edition
Skylanders will be all over San Diego Comic-Con
$99 to get started with Skylanders Trap Team in style -- thank heavens I'm not a kid (or don't have children, for that matter) because I'd be all over this. Activision has opened pre-orders for the Trap Team Dark Edition, which includes cool black-and-silver variants of new characters Snap Shot, Wildfire, and Food Fight; a two-sided poster; stickers; and trading cards.
This starter pack -- available October 5 for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, and Wii U -- also comes with three traps, one of which can be used to capture Skylanders villain Kaos.
Find higher-res photos of the toys and traps below. Wildfire pulls off the look well.
Setup email comments
There's also a bunch of Skylanders stuff happening this week at San Diego Comic-Con:
Photo Gallery: (6 images)
- Skylanders Panel (Room 7AB): "Skylanders: The Creative Process of Bringing Toys to Life" panel on Thursday, July 24th from 6-7 p.m., moderated by Geoff Keighley, will offer insights into one of the world's most beloved Toys-to-Life video game franchises, as well as a major announcement about new Skylanders characters. Speakers include: comic book writer Ron Marz (Green Lantern, DC vs. Marvel), famed voice of Kaos Richard Horvitz (Billy and Mandy, Invader Zim), and Toys for Bob's Director of Toy and Character Development, I-Wei Huang. New updatesto the Skylanders franchise will be revealed, and fans will leave with Skylanders giveaways, while supplies last.
- Skylanders Costume Contest (Room 7AB): Activision will award more than $5,000 in cash prizes and rare toys to the best Skylanders costumes at the panel on Thursday.
- Skylanders Show Floor (Booth #303): Fans can check out new Skylanders Trap Team toys, pose with Skylanders' #1 villain Kaos and costume characters,and receive giveaways while supplies last.
- Skylanders Comic Book, IDW Publishing (Booth #2643): Leading comic book publisher IDW will debut the first-ever Skylanders comic-book series. Issue #0 - debuting at Comic-Con - will feature an introductory 16-page story that serves as a prequel to this year's Skylanders Trap Team. Limited copies of a variant cover of the comic book will be available for purchase exclusively for attendees.
- First Public Hands-on Opportunities (Various Locations): Fans can be the first consumers in the world to play the upcoming Skylanders Trap Team at several locations and receive special giveaways while supplies last: Skylanders Trap Team First-to-Play Tour kicking off in the Interactive Zone at Petco Park's Lexus Premier Lot (no SDCC badge required); the Nintendo Gaming Lounge in the San Diego Ballroom, Marriott Marquis & Marina (no SDCC badge required); and the Xbox Lounge in the Manchester Grand Hyatt at 1 Market Place (SDCC badge required). While at the Xbox Lounge, fans can win a collectible Skylanders-themed Xbox One.
- Rubie's Costumes (Booth #3649): Skylanders fans can get a sneak peek at the new Skylanders Halloween costumes available this fall at Rubie's booth.
- Mad Libs Pop-Up Shop (Booth #4612):Attendees can get their hands on the popular Skylanders Universe Mad Libs, featuring more than 20 original stories, available for purchase at the Mad Libs Pop-Up Shop.
- Special Kids Day Activities - Sunday, July 27 (Various Locations): Kids who play the game at the Skylanders Trap Team First-to-Play Tour in the Interactive Zone will receive special giveaways, while supplies last. Fans can also stop by the Penguin Publishing booth to pick up their limited edition Skylanders activity poster, while supplies last. Kids will also get a peek into the Skylanders comic book at IDW's Kids Comics Panel on Sunday at 10 a.m. (Room 4).
Click to zoom - browse by swipe, or use arrow keys
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.