2:15 PM on 04.21.2014
Be sure to turn off 'Sanity'
The talk of our office chat room this morning has undoubtedly been Orteil's Game Idea Generator -- a tool that's exactly what it sounds like but no less delightful. You should try it out.
Some of my favorites so far:
- A simulation game where you interrogate railroads but everything you touch explodes.
- A role-playing game where you dress up insects with love.
- An FPS where you punch fashion designers in Europe.
- An online game where you listen to babies and you can erect walls at will.
- A strategy game where you ostracize witches in outer space.
As esoteric as some of the concepts are, I can genuinely see this tool serving as a starting point for production on a real game. Some slight tweaks to the ideas might be in order, though.
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our comment moderatorsCan't see comments?
Anti-virus apps like Avast
or some browser extensions
can cause this. Easy fix: Add
to your security software's whitelist.