Yesterday, Hamza popped up and screamed "Told you!" to our staff. And he was right. Not too long ago he said that miserable game The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct would do better than we'd expect it to. In NPD's March 2013 sales data the game ranks number 9 on the list of the top ten best selling games of the month. That's the power of licensing, folks.
Thankfully, that list is topped by a good game, BioShock Infinite. Yes, last month's best and worst games just about bookend the top ten list. While NPD does not release individual game sales numbers, data from Cowen and Company shows that Infinite moved 878,000 copies in March, says GamesIndustry.
The rest of the top 10 list is made of new games. NPD says that new release sales were 40 percent better than last year this time, and that they made almost 70 percent more this year.
See the full list below.
1. BioShock Infinite (X360, PS3, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
2. Tomb Raider (X360, PS3) - Square Enix
3. Gears of War: Judgment (X360) - Microsoft
4. God of War: Ascension (PS3) Sony
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360, PS3, PC, Wii U) - Activision Blizzard
6. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) - Nintendo
7. MLB13: The Show (PS3, PS Vita) - Sony
8. NBA 2K13 (X360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC) - Take-Two Interactive
9. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (X360, PS3, Wii U) - Activision Blizzard
10. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (X360, PS3) - Namco Bandai Games
[*].disqus.comto your security software's whitelist.