Twitch app coming March 11
The next big Xbox One system update will address all things multiplayer, prepping for the big release of Titanfall. The system update is rolling out now for users, and here's what you can expect out of the update:
- Friends list now appears on the homepage of the Friends app for faster access
- Party chat on by default
- Chat with friends playing different games
- Invite friends to a game option now appears in multiplayer titles, like how you could back in the Xbox 360
- See a list of recent players that you just played with so you can have an easier time of sending hateful messages to people that were better than you in that last match
- 5.1 Dolby digital sound support over optical or HDMI
- 50Hz output to Xbox One for the TV app
- Easier to adjust volume levels because wow really that was a real problem? Okay
- Better integration with SmartGlass
- Support for new Xbox One accessories like the headset and new media remote
Other updates include browser improvements, IR blasting to TVs/AVRs now available in all regions, easier sound bar setup, a new passkey feature to protect user settings, and the ability to view game clips while in Snap.
The biggest new feature with this update is the Twitch integration. It'll launch on March 11, and will let you see any Twitch broadcast regardless of the original source, plus the ability to archive your streams.