The music of Andrew Lloyd Webber coming to Lips
Does anybody actually play Lips? Even when it was new on the market, the only person I knew to actually have spent any significant time with the game was Anthony Burch. Here's how that turned out in case you missed it.
Microsoft has apparently not given up on their karaoke franchise quite yet. While the game is predominately composed of popular musics, they're branching out a bit with two sets of songs from musicals by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Here's a breakdown of the songs that will release:
- “Memory” - Elaine Paige (Cats)
- “All I Ask of You” - Cliff Richard & Sarah Brightman (Phantom of the Opera)
- “Love Changes Everything” - Michael Ball (Aspects of Love)
- “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” - Elaine Paige (Evita)
- “The Phantom of the Opera” - Steve Harley & Sarah Brightman (Phantom of the Opera)
- “Any Dream Will Do” - Donny Osmond (Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat)
I'm not a Webber fan (Lerner and Loewe 4 lyfe, yo). Phantom may be one of the most overblown musicals in history and, worse, launched the career of that banshee Sarah Brightman. Dreamcoat is rather good, I will admit. If I had a copy of Lips, "Any Dream Will Do" is the only one of these tracks I'd even consider buying, though I will admit that a sick part of me wants to sing "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" in the musical style of Oderus Urungus. Of course, who needs Lips to do that?
Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.