The Last Guardian is 'real that exceeds real'
This week's Famitsu has some hot new details on Team ICO's The Last Guardian. It feels like this game has been quietly in development since man first learned to walk upright, but the Japanese press got a good look at it and have some solid Intel.
Here is everything that's been gathered, in handy list form:
- You initially can't communicate with Torico, the game's bat-dragon companion. He is prone to falling asleep.
- Torico can be fed a number of items, but he can't eat anything. He'll spit out anything he doesn't like.
- The game's collision system is similar to Shadow of the Colossus.
- If the enemy guards capture you, the game won't necessarily end.
- Torico may have a life gauge, and there could be other gauges to help the player out. Apparently the team is stressing over this decision right now.
- Torico's actions are varied and detailed. He'll even react to different sounds when coming across new areas of the game.
- The game uses a fictional language, like ICO and Shadow before it.
- Spatial awareness is a big focus of character animation. The main character will naturally extend his hands towards a wall when approaching, or reach out to touch Torico. Team ICO wants the characters to look like they know what's around them.
Beyond these details, Famitsu appears to have come away very impressed, going so far as to call the game, "Real that exceeds real." Sounds pretty gorgeous, and we can only hope the team has something to show the rest of the world soon.
This Week's Flying Get [Andriasang] Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our community fisters
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.