Are you like me and have nothing but fond memories of this classic, revolutionary adventure? Do you remember every baffling verb/noun combination? Take the quiz to find out. (Anyone that gets a perfect score is officially my new hero.)
“Initiate quiz.” (I don’t know how to do that.) “Perform quiz.” (I don’t know how to do that.) “Take quiz.” (You begin taking the quiz.) Good luck!
The Great Retro Quiz! .21
Category: King’s Quest
Number of questions: 20
1. Who designed King’s Quest?
2. What is the name of the kingdom the original King’s Quest takes place in?
3. Main protagonist Graham starts the game as what?
a. A king
b. A prince
c. A knight
d. A stable boy
4. Do you remember what Graham’s famous adventuring cap looks like?
5. Start humming! What song plays during the opening title screen?
a. “Für Elise”
c. “The Ride of the Valkyries”
d. “Symphony No. 5”
Match the magical treasure with the creature that guards it:
9. What kind of animal eerily patrols the moat outside the king’s castle?
Match the item with the location it is found:
10. The witch’s cupboard
11. A hollow tree trunk
12. Under a large rock
13. In the leprechaun’s cave
14. What is the old gnome’s name?
15. What specific word does the player need to type in to help cure the woodcutter’s hunger?
16. Graham just climbed an enormous tree! What did he find in one of the branches?
a. A walnut
b. A magic ring
c. A golden egg
d. A mushroom
17. True or false: One of the three magical items is located at the bottom of the below:
18. Which of the below classic fairytale icons is not featured in the original King’s Quest?
a. A gingerbread house
b. A beanstalk
c. A magic spinning wheel
d. A fairy godmother
19. You live in San Francisco and a troll keeps bothering you and your family every time you try to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge. Stupid, trolls. Based on your intimate knowledge of King’s Quest, what animal should you bring on your next road trip to permanently remedy the problem?
20. Strange scoring system memories! What is the maximum amount of points possible in the original King’s Quest (not the 1990 remake)?
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.