This is a really emotional quiz for me. I grew up on the old Sierra “Quest” games and pinpoint them as the main reasons I love videogames today. Sadly, I debated whether or not to even do a quiz on the original King’s Quest in the fear that a lot of people haven’t played it (I like to pretend that this is everyone’s favorite game). Now is the time to prove me wrong. Come out of the woodwork, old school adventure fans! Unite!
Are you like me and have nothing but fond memories of this classic, revolutionary adventure? Do you remember every baffling verb/noun combination? Take the quiz to find out. (Anyone that gets a perfect score is officially my new hero.)
Just leave your answers in the comments and check my community blog tomorrow (2/7) for the results.
“Initiate quiz.” (I don’t know how to do that.) “Perform quiz.” (I don’t know how to do that.) “Take quiz.” (You begin taking the quiz.) Good luck!
The Great Retro Quiz! .21
1. Who designed King’s Quest?
2. What is the name of the kingdom the original King’s Quest takes place in?
3. Main protagonist Graham starts the game as what?
4. Do you remember what Graham’s famous adventuring cap looks like?
5. Start humming! What song plays during the opening title screen?
Match the magical treasure with the creature that guards it:
9. What kind of animal eerily patrols the moat outside the king’s castle?
Match the item with the location it is found:
14. What is the old gnome’s name?
15. What specific word does the player need to type in to help cure the woodcutter’s hunger?
16. Graham just climbed an enormous tree! What did he find in one of the branches?
17. True or false: One of the three magical items is located at the bottom of the below:
18. Which of the below classic fairytale icons is not featured in the original King’s Quest?
19. You live in
20. Strange scoring system memories! What is the maximum amount of points possible in the original King’s Quest (not the 1990 remake)?