I think it is about time to test your (so far very impressive) retro knowledge on something a little less “mainstream” than Super Mario Bros. or The Legend of Zelda. After considering many different games, I decided the awesome ActRaiser for the Super Nintendo was the perfect candidate. The game has a cult following, but is random enough to offer a pretty significant trivia challenge (even to the people that have played it).
It also helps that I absolutely adore the game. So if you do really well on this quiz you are officially the coolest person that ever lived (and my new best friend).
Just leave your answers in the comments and whoever gets the most right will win. Win what, you ask? Did you not read what I just wrote? Best friends. Forever. Is that not enough? You can check my community blog tomorrow (1/17) for the correct answers and to see how you did.
Don’t everyone hit the jump at once! Good luck!
The Great Retro Quiz! .18
1. Who published ActRaiser?
World map memories! Name the territory:
6. What is the name of the temple your character resides in?
7. Which of the below God powers helps you clear away pesky rocks?
8. How many villagers seal a monster lair?
9. You just gained a level in ActRaiser! Yay! What did you do?
10. Which of the below is not a magic spell?
11. What is the name of the unlucky young boy who (after getting lost for days) draws the unfortunate lot and is sent by his village to be sacrificed?
12. After depleting half of the below boss’s energy, what kind of creature does he turn into?
13. What item is used to stifle the war in Bloodpool?
18. Which of the below is not an end-of-the-level boss?
19. Your significant other really wants a Magical Aura as an anniversary gift. Where should you go to find one?
20. Who is “The Evil One?”
Running on places like Tumblr and Twitter is a new meme: Videogame / movie / book covers recreated using only clip art and Comic Sans font. The results are... well... check out for yourself in the gallery below. I would total...more
Despite my love of board games, I rarely get a chance to play any. My friends and the people I can occasionally stomach socializing with have little interest in sitting down and playing them with me, so I have to content myse...more
What!? WHAT!? A mere two weeks in the public's hands and already someone has recreated BioShock Infinite's floating city of Columbia in Minecraft!? What madness! Actually, this project was completed three months ago. For a mi...more