Hello, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another edition of The Great Retro Quiz! You can’t see me right now, but I am dressed like a game show host and have a very pretty lady standing next to me gesturing towards the computer monitor as if it was a shiny new car or fancy dishwasher. I am trying to set the mood.
The Great Retro Quiz .02
Category: The Virtual Console (SNES)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Quick, match the lettered button to where it belongs on the Super Nintendo controller!
5. If the playable character Bow from Breath of Fire II decided to try and make it in Hollywood, who would be his biggest competition?
6. How many overhead levels are there in Contra III: The Alien Wars?
7. In Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong can ride on all the following animal buddies except:
8. In Super Metroid, who is the boss of the submerged Space Pirate lab?
9. In The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, who do you receive the Magic Boomerang from?
10. Who are the two playable characters in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest?
a. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong
b. Donkey Kong and Dixie Kong
c. Diddy Kong and Kiddie Kong
d. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong
11. It’s your first day working as a valet and you are asked to pull Captain Falcon’s vehicle around. What racer would you drive up?
12. In the original version of Final Fight, during the transition from arcade to Super Nintendo, what playable character was sadly left behind?
13. How many power-ups must the player collect in Gradius III before being able to select the “Double” weapon?
14. Green Yoshi just helped Mario defeat Bowser in Super Mario World. To celebrate, he makes a date with Lakitu’s little sister, but can’t seem to find a way to reach her house in the clouds. Who should he eat to give him the power to get there?
15. Tiger Woods is annoyed. He wants to play a round of golf on Kirby’s Dream Course, but just found out he has to do what before he can even putt the ball in the hole?
a. Kill all the enemies on the level
b. Collect a certain amount of stars
c. Flip a rainbow switch
d. Perform five special techniques
16. The first level of what classic arcade game is available as a mini-game in The Legend of the Mystical Ninja?
17. Where on the below map of Actraiser does the final stage appear?
18. How many heart pieces do you have to collect to form a full heart container in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past?
19. In the Super Nintendo version of Sim City, what is your assistant’s name?
a. Dr. Light
b. Dr. Wright
c. Dr. Maxis
d. Dr. Lem
20. All of the characters in Street Fighter II: The World Warrior are tied to a specific country? What country is Chun-Li associated with?
21. Oh shoot, Link just entered the Dark World and forgot he left his Moon Pearl on Zelda’s nightstand. What animal did he just turn into?
22. Out-of-focus alert! Name this boss from Super Castlevania IV:
a. Frankenstein’s Monster
23. What 'N Sync member could have been named after the hero’s starting weapon in Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts?
a. Axe Chasez
b. Lance Bass
c. Dagger Fatone
d. Sickle Kirkpatrick
24. Bowser moves to the real world and frantically wants to replicate the vehicle he flew in Super Mario World. Who would he most likely hire to ride around on?
a. A magician
b. A clown
c. A football player
d. An opera singer
25. Which of the following creatures helps Samus learn the Wall Jump technique in Super Metroid?
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.