Watching gymnastics is the most stressful thing on the planet. I tell myself I love it, but then when I watch I do nothing but freak out the whole time in fear that the poor people on the dangerous equipment are going to hurt themselves. Case in point: the other day one of the women gymnasts on the American team flipped around the uneven bars, missed the all important grab, and, no joke, landed right on her face. HER FACE!
This is why I play videogames. No chance of serious injury.
Lucky for all of us (and our faces!), today’s Gymnastics event of the Great Retro Olympics! involves just answering trivia questions about special moves and power-ups in retro videogames. There is no hanging, swinging, vaulting, or balancing required.
Just leave your answers in the comments and check my community blog tomorrow (8/15) for the dramatic results.
Powder up those palms and ... good luck!
The Great Retro Olympics!
1. Rash or Pimple? Which of the Battletoads is performing the below special move?
2. Using his/her regular attack from the Donkey Kong Country series, which Kong would most likely impress the international judges at a Gymnastics competition?
3. Do you remember where the PSI power selection is on the EarthBound battle menu?
Match the Final Fantasy VI character with his/her special move:
8. Which ring gives Link the more powerful defensive upgrade?
9. Analogy fun! Mortal Kombat : Fatality : : Killer Instinct :
10. You hire Lemmings Construction™ to help put the finishing touches on your new house. Which Lemming should you order to build the staircase?
11. Nemo can absorb all of the following animal powers in Little Nemo: The Dream Master except:
12. What game in the Mega Man series introduced the Blue Bomber’s slide move?
13. Which of the below X-Parasites refills Samus’s missile supply in Metroid Fusion?
14. What is the name of Bald Bull’s devastating special move in Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!!?
15. In underrated Super Nintendo gem Pocky & Rocky, what can Rocky turn into when he uses his special power?
Identify the Street Fighter fireball attack!
20. Bitter Betty’s ex is getting married and she wants it to rain on his wedding day (not cool, Bitter Betty!). If called upon for help, which character from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars possesses the power to help Betty accomplish her nefarious goal?
The Great Retro Olympics! Instant Replay
We played Binding of Isaac: Rebirth because we haven't had a good cry in a while
7:00 PM on 11.19.2014
Here's how Nintendo's amiibo figures work, and how they interact with Smash Bros.
11:01 AM on 11.19.2014